OCR02417 - *YES* Mega Man 2 'Laser Quick'

OceansAndrew

Remixer: TheGuitahHeroe

Game: Mega Man II

Song mixed: Quickman stage (source:

)

*The quality of the bass suffers with any bitrate lower than 192, so that's what I'm subbing. I'M HOGGIN UR FIEL SPACE GUYZ!!1!!!11

Anyway, huge huge HUGE inspiration from Proto-Raptor's "Chemixtrixx" with this one. Doesn't mean it's anywhere near as good though.

This was created just before the start of GMRMB 2011. I really don't even remember why I chose this track to remix, other than the fact that Mega Man music = beast. I never even listened to the song, just....remixed it. I suppose that most people on OCR get musical inspiration from listening to the actual song and thinking, "Hey, you know what would be great here...?" In this case, it's the exact opposite; I got inspiration from listening to another remix (Chemixtrixx) of a totally different track and just thinking, "I'm gonna go all out with one." So I needed to find a track to convert into the electro genre, and Quickman, for whatever reason, was the first to come to mind. Go figure. 8D Anyway, hope you all enjoy this "Electroe!" (lolololimsocleverhahaha)

Also, should this be accepted, it would be a landmark of mine: this is the first remix I've submitted to OCR which I hadn't first switched to Mod Review on the WIP forum before submitting. Trying to take steps, I guess :x

Huge thanks to the guys at the WIP forum for providing some minor feedback and suggestions, namely DaMonz, Nonamer, AntiSine, and SuperiorX. Biggest thanks of all to PrototypeRaptor, however, for being such a huge inspiration for this track, and probably future tracks as well :D

• 2 weeks later...

Sounds lossy despite the bitrate and lacking in high end clarity, which was definitely unfortunate, but not a dealbreaker.

The main beat was pretty deliberate, and almost too punchy and upfront, which could stand being tweaked. But again, pretty minor in the big picture.

Really dug the flow, dynamics and creativity of the arrangement, including some great original writing in the middle. Not much else to say but I dig it. A fresh take on a classic. Nice work, Jamison!

YES