Making basic song structure all in one day

its hard though, if you don't have the right timbre its hard for me to determine what the notes are im trying to transpose :oops:

Timbre isn't the same as pitch. It shouldn't affect transcription that much unless you've got some omnitimbral (the fuck?) instrument like a noise oscillator or a crash cymbal that has a totally obscured fundamental.

It IS hard, but so are all unfamiliar things... until they aren't hard anymore. That comes with practice, and ignoring that part of your musicality will quickly become a handicap.

i guess it really depends on what you have for material. Personally, If i get a few good solid ideas into my head, I can kind of manipulate a few of those into a song structure, and then go from there. I'll usually just end up plotting it out on paper like such:

Intro Vamp (16 measures)-----A Section (Drums/Synths/Guitar/Vocals)-----Segue w/key change-----Solos----etc.

this gives me a fairly good map, with room to add things if needed.

Timbre isn't the same as pitch. It shouldn't affect transcription that much unless you've got some omnitimbral (the fuck?) instrument like a noise oscillator or a crash cymbal that has a totally obscured fundamental.

It IS hard, but so are all unfamiliar things... until they aren't hard anymore. That comes with practice, and ignoring that part of your musicality will quickly become a handicap.

some of the ice rain parts near the beginning, mostly the high notes, are really hard for me to tell the pitch.

1-2 hours? That's crazy!

Just to rearrange VG songs for piano takes me a day alone. and that's just picking out the prominent melody and adding accompiniment.

With a proper mix you have to create your own patches (or find a lead, pad, sample that suits each part), then you have to figure out each part, program the drums to your liking, add automations, etc...

how the EFF!?

1-2 hours? That's crazy!

Just to rearrange VG songs for piano takes me a day alone. and that's just picking out the prominent melody and adding accompiniment.

With a proper mix you have to create your own patches (or find a lead, pad, sample that suits each part), then you have to figure out each part, program the drums to your liking, add automations, etc...

how the EFF!?

do a lot of one hour compos to get better at it :)

a few of the compos we have in this scene are 2 hours and I tend to finish something like 95% in that time, a few songs for an album I'm working on are just compos I remastered slightly

also idk about anyone else but doing an arrangement tends to take me longer than an original work, it's harder for me to be spontaneous with someone elses material