OCR02249 - Final Fantasy IX & Wild Arms "Weeping Shards"

Haha, I can recognize almost all of those samples, being a tracker since the late 90s myself :)

This is a gorgeous mix, very coherent and tasteful use of tracker effects without overdosing on them. The arrangement is gorgeous and flows very nicely making this one easy to loop. Put me on a nostalgic trip to be quite honest, great job!

What did you think? Post your opinion of this ReMix.

Sweeeeet! We've always loved tracker mod files at my home. Very distinct sound, and super enjoyable. This mix is pretty great, I will probably listen again. :nicework: Crystal World is a great source from FF9 and this is a good rendition of it, love the darker Prelude vibes. This is getting me hyped for the ff9 album. :<

Gah, I should've seen this one coming. I've heard most of the other FF posts in one form or another, so I guess it was inevitable that I'd hear the only FFIX track that I know well from the WIP boards.

This was one of my favorite sources from the soundtrack, and I think you did a great job recreating the chill from the original. An interesting note - the Wild Arms section sounds very, very close to the intro of FFIX. Perhaps that's why you thought it wouldwork so well?

Anyway, great remix, overall, and a great way to end the FF remix flood, DjP (even though it technically isn't a 'remix flood').

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

Kenogu brings out the darkness in Crystal World without relying as heavily on the electronic effect to start out. The touch of Wild ARMS usage towards the end adds to it by giving it some more richness in the soundscape. I have to wonder how the mix would sound with an actual guitar instead of this synth one though - not a knock on the synth, just a point of curiousity as it could change the texture in a bad way. Regardless, the mix's progression from its dark eerie atmosphere to one that's more hopeful with the synth piercing through is a nice contrast and provides a nice uplifting thought to mind :) .

Ooh, I like! Very dark and spooky in it's ambient intro with the sound of a ominous storm hitting, complete with thunder, rain and wind. After that it still maintains a cool dark atmosphere while picking the mood up a hair, almost to a majestic level of crystallized darkness.

This sounds like it could fit into a Bejeweled game.

You know, you're right! It sounds like it'd fit right in perfectly with the rest of Bejeweled 2's soundtrack.

• 1 year later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to OCR02249 - Final Fantasy IX & Wild Arms "Weeping Shards"