Just got KOMPLETE 7

Just bought komplete 7, and I think it just retired Nexus 2 in terms of sampling pretty quickly( though it put a hole in my pocket to get, Like FL Studio, it was worth it). Still installing the rest of the CD's (12 man......12) but can anybody tell me how well it runs in fl studio? and should I invest in getting an external hard drive?

Just bought komplete 7, and I think it just retired Nexus 2 in terms of sampling pretty quickly( though it put a hole in my pocket to get, Like FL Studio, it was worth it). Still installing the rest of the CD's (12 man......12) but can anybody tell me how well it runs in fl studio? and should I invest in getting an external hard drive?

External hard drives are crap. Go internal if you want sample streaming. 8)

FL Studio runs all the VST's I've tried from NI.

I.E., that's Guitar Rig 4 Pro, Kontakt 4, Battery 3, and Reaktor.

They run fine, and if they're built anything like the other VST's in the Komplete VST/Sample bundle, then you should be good.

NI plugins work fine in FL, though sometimes getting multi-channel sequencing through them can be a bit of a pain (but it's a one time process, so no worries :P) If you have any trouble getting multiple instruments to run through one instance (such as with Kontakt) then let us know and we can help you out.

I've wanted to try Komplete 7, but cannot afford it. I do have Battery 3.

I usually have no problems running NI plugins.

And on the external HDD note, how much better is an internal vs external for sample streaming? I have a USB3 2TB External and it is always quick to respond and have really no problems with it.

I've wanted to try Komplete 7, but cannot afford it. I do have Battery 3.

I usually have no problems running NI plugins.

And on the external HDD note, how much better is an internal vs external for sample streaming? I have a USB3 2TB External and it is always quick to respond and have really no problems with it.

A USB 3.0 will be as fast as an internal SATA drive (at least looking at the numbers, anyway) and around the same speed as eSATA (which if you have a port on your case will connect right into a SATA Port). In that case, an external has enough data transfer rate on the bus to match or exceed the speed of the hard drive (7200 RPM are good for internal, I would get one of those like a Caviar Black and stick it in a USB 3.0 enclosure).

tl;dr USB 3.0 should be only a tiny bit slower if not as fast as an internal SATA hard drive (not SSD, that's a whole different story).

If you have a laptop and not a desktop (the desktop needs a free hard drive cage slot and a free motherboard SATA port as well as a SATA power connector from the power supply) go external. If you have a desktop with all the previously listed requirements fulfilled, it's more convenient to just add an internal drive in addition to your current one.

Took some days to mess around with it all (especially session strings and some of the FX) and i can definitely say, this was a worthy investment indeed. I do like the fact that they added the round robin effect in session strings to give it a more natural feel, just wished they gave the option along with the stock sounds as well

Took some days to mess around with it all (especially session strings and some of the FX) and i can definitely say, this was a worthy investment indeed. I do like the fact that they added the round robin effect in session strings to give it a more natural feel, just wished they gave the option along with the stock sounds as well

The stock sounds are an older library and not as specialized, so they're not as awesum. :sleepdepriv: