KH1 - The Place We Have All Met

eilios

Hmm... What was song this originally called?

It's the Traverse Town theme!

EDIT: I have a tendency to overplay otherwise meaningless sections because they sound nice to me and develop the remix around that part, like in JOTN a good 1/6th of the song is devoted to a transition. In this case, I took the bassline and some chords and developed the entire song around them, putting in little hints to the melody throughout. Not the most recognisable part of the song, no doubt, but still a remix nonetheless!

Traverse Town?! That's one of my favorite KH songs...

But even now that you've told me, I still can't recognize it in here. It's not a bad ReMix, but still...

Teehee, and I was worried this was too conservative!

0:34 has a variation of the main melody that keeps going until the bass drop(you can hear it really pronounced at 1:00). The bassline @ 1:09 is found within the original(which is why I was worried about it being too conservative.). It continues until 2:18 where it gives a variation of the main melody again to transition into the source's melody @ 3:10(which fully comes in with the drop at 3:27).

Dooblay posting to say that there's a new version out! Not that much is changed, and this is still in the <0.1 stages, meaning it doesn't get a Tindeck release, but there are now subtle changes in instrumentation and stereo to the instruments! I've also toned down the faux-choir synth.

• 4 weeks later...

Wow. Dissonance. I would like everything much better if the notes were... I dunno, "prettier" (mind you, that has a lot to do with my preference for more pleasant music in general)?

Also, I wouldn't count this as "conservative" by a long shot. I can definitely recognize the Traverse Town theme in there, though.

Wow. Dissonance. I would like everything much better if the notes were... I dunno, "prettier" (mind you, that has a lot to do with my preference for more pleasant music in general)?

Also, I wouldn't count this as "conservative" by a long shot. I can definitely recognize the Traverse Town theme in there, though.

I wanted to go for dissonant in this one to emphasise the darkness in Traverse Town! I always thought of it as a place where even in the most calming and peaceful of environments you still get the sense that it's under constant heartless attack. I decided to stylistically represent that with dissonance and a conflict between peaceful synths/effects and an aggressive bassline.