343 industry's deadly developer line *christ*

SonicThHedgog

http://halo.wikia.com/wiki/343_Industries

Halo 4 and Halo anniversary will be some serious games to look out for I guess.

People who made the first second and third Halo,MGS,Cod,Killzone,Rainbow 6,and people from EA and many more.

This list is said to be the "known" employee list, so it could be diffrent with less or more people, and the recruiter on twitter also gives empolyee updates as well.

Cant Wait :o

There have been sucky products with awesome developers.

neblix, you seriously need to stop posting in every damned thread just to post. it's not like this is some really out-there game that's got a big potential to flop. it's freaking halo - probably the second-biggest shooter in the console market behind COD - and that means it's going to be an incredibly competitive and enjoyable shooter for the same reason COD always is - simply because of how high the production values will be on it. it's not like halo's gotten poor reviews because the storyline is boring or something.

halo 4's got some of the best developer credentials for an upcoming game, so i'm pumped to see what 343 does with their first big shot. should be really fun.

it's not like this is some really out-there game that's got a big potential to flop. it's freaking halo - probably the second-biggest shooter in the console market behind COD - and that means it's going to be an incredibly competitive and enjoyable shooter for the same reason COD always is - simply because of how high the production values will be on it. it's not like halo's gotten poor reviews because the storyline is boring or something.

Keep telling yourself that, I'll wait until I see the real thing of how Halo is when Bungie's not behind it.

I'm pretty sure that the only shooter that still gets me excited in any way is the Halo series, and that's saying something coming from a dude who usually can't get into so many shooters(usually because they lack color, are always based on the same modern setting or WWII, and star Russia as the recurring antagonist, etc.). One of the reasons I bought my 360 was for Halo 3, and I fucking loved ODST.

Granted, the game is in the hands on a new team, but not only do the devs working on it have experience with the franchise and (hopefully)have a good idea of what makes Halo Halo, but it's also Microsoft's juggernaut. They're not going to let anyone fuck it up. Hell, Final Fantasy XIV was a giant bomb and SE is still pumping dev time and manpower into it, because franchises are powerful things.

That being said, I can't say that the teaser trailer for Halo 4 excited me in anyway, but that's probably just because we saw that entire scene back in the ending for Halo 3.

Yeah, Halo's single-player has suffered as mutliplayer has become more important to the franchise. Meaning, progressively since Halo 2.

i don't know about that. i agree that they don't put as much time into crafting a single-player experience as other games, but i'd argue that halo's single-player (and coop) experience has only gotten better with each version of the game. when i sit down with another player, i always go to whatever halo they're comfortable with, and do coop. it's just that much fun, even now after i've probably played the h2 and h3 campaigns at least a hundred times each.

Anyway, I'm definitely more excited about the reboot of the first halo than halo 4: the search for more money

No doubt. I actually rather enjoyed Halo 3's ending. IN MY EYES, HALO STARTED A TRILOGY AND WILL STAY A TRILOGY. [/fanboy]

But seriously, though, I don't think expanding a series past it's end for the cash is ever a good thing. It just ends up being ridiculous. If you didn't like the story before, it's going to be like 20x sillier when all of a sudden the Forerunners come back with the Flood X or whatever stupid this they come up with.

EDIT for non-halo-players who don't get what I'm talking about: thisissilly.gif

I didn't think Halo 4 would make it on the Xbox360. I'm very much looking forward to this. Some very talented people on that team, hope it helps take Halo to the next level, especially in story telling. Halo has more or less always had a satisfying campaign. I don't think Bungie not developing it will affect much. Who knows, with this new project with a new team, perhaps it will be better? Who's to say? I think it's clear that this is somewhat of a passion project for a lot of the team, since it is a Halo specific team.

As for the storyline, Master Chief's story is pretty played out at this point. I bet the chief will meet up with that missing pocket of Spartan 3's from the books. There are plenty of interesting ways they can take the story, instead of the rather simple path that Bungie took (they seemed to ignore a lot of the expanded fiction).

No doubt. I actually rather enjoyed Halo 3's ending. IN MY EYES, HALO STARTED A TRILOGY AND WILL STAY A TRILOGY. [/fanboy]

so you didn't want john to make it home? because i'm assuming that's what this is all about.

i liked the ending too, since it showed how far the relationship between cortana and MC had come since the books when they first 'met', but i still want him to come home. spartans never die and just go MIA for a reason, you know :<

so you didn't want john to make it home? because i'm assuming that's what this is all about.

i liked the ending too, since it showed how far the relationship between cortana and MC had come since the books when they first 'met', but i still want him to come home. spartans never die and just go MIA for a reason, you know :<

+1 for referencing the best halo book.

The older folks will say the original Halo trilogy is the best, the new one is weak and isn't proper canon. Also a new trilogy will come out later which is totally Lord of the Rings-esque and makes everyone forget about the Halo "trilogy". Then a game with 7 parts will come out, and the final part will be split into 2 parts. And everyone will forget about the LotR-esque trilogy and the Halo trilogy will truly be a thing of the past, except for the "special editions" that come out where Master Chief doesn't shoot first and everyone gets pissed.

The older folks will say the original Halo trilogy is the best, the new one is weak and isn't proper canon.

i know you're being facetious, but the people saying that the new trilogy isn't canon are kind of funny. since, after all, there IS no canon about what happens after halo 3. when the fleet goes through the warp, everything ends. there isn't anything after that.

i know you're being facetious, but the people saying that the new trilogy isn't canon are kind of funny. since, after all, there IS no canon about what happens after halo 3. when the fleet goes through the warp, everything ends. there isn't anything after that.

It picks up right where it left off.

That sounds like canon to me.

I'm not too sure how I feel about this. Halo Reach, while not having the best level design, was still a very enjoyable game. I still play it a lot. I think if they continue to expand on the armor ability system to have more defined classes, and focus on making some good multiplayer maps (and possibly some remakes), then it could turn out to be a huge success. I'm one of those guys who plays these games pretty much for the mulitplayer, not the campaign.

I personally think they need to expand the armor abilities into a more class structure. Like in Reach they have medic class which has a drop shield (slowly heals health when your in it). I think they should make an ability that heals similar to that, but can restore vehicle health, and ammo and such. Make it so there's actually a defined medic on the team.

That lineup of people looks great though. Judging by their past works, this game should come out pretty damn good.

Heh, that was pretty tongue in cheek of me. I am interested in seeing what happens when they go home, but I'm just worried in what they'll do to keep the sequel fresh. You can't go back to fighting the Covenant after you've defeated Gravemind and still make it seem as dangerous, so they'll have to find some way to keep the intensity there. There are plenty of different ways to do it, but they all end in some sort of silliness or shenanigans which I wouldn't appreciate.

Heh, that was pretty tongue in cheek of me. I am interested in seeing what happens when they go home, but I'm just worried in what they'll do to keep the sequel fresh. You can't go back to fighting the Covenant after you've defeated Gravemind and still make it seem as dangerous, so they'll have to find some way to keep the intensity there. There are plenty of different ways to do it, but they all end in some sort of silliness or shenanigans which I wouldn't appreciate.

you're right - i'm assuming that the only guys from the first games you fight will be either offshoots - brutes and jackals, since the grunts, hunters, and elites have sided with humanity - or some limited flood infection. however, remember in h3 when the sentinels fly off into the distance, saying that "they have another mission"? i'm assuming they're doing something on the other halo rings. so we can probably expect to see a completely separate enemy tree to fight as well.