Freshly Baked ReMix Challenger 2011: Phase 100 (It's "pretty much" over!)

Ramaniscence

thing is, i know i can be more efficient. i spent 20m looking for a drumloop and then just settled with a far more inferior version of it (you'll hear it clearly). if i'd known where that was, well, that puts me under two hours, or roughly 1:15 of music per hour. that's ridiculously fast for composing or arranging (not counting mastering time, of course).

thing is, i know i can be more efficient. i spent 20m looking for a drumloop and then just settled with a far more inferior version of it (you'll hear it clearly). if i'd known where that was, well, that puts me under two hours, or roughly 1:15 of music per hour. that's ridiculously fast for composing or arranging (not counting mastering time, of course).

Brad Burr: Mixing Machine

wait a minute... does that mean he's THE REMIXANATOR?!?

By my own failure to sensibly plan for this, I'm going to resign.

For some reason I thought the thread title being Phase One as well as the first post meant that Phase 2 had not started yet. I was also sure the due date was September 12th. I can't read.

But whoever challenged me to do that song, if you still really want me to do it, I'll do it. PM me later and remind me.

Long story short, making the deadline is pretty much out for me. :/

The main issue is that our training exercise which was supposed to get me home on the 26th has been extended to Sept 4th.

So, not entirely true. They got us back on the 29th, which was enough time to at least get a WIP up. I'm really happy with the beginning, and the rest is more or less undeveloped ideas that I rendered before I fleshed them out. I definitely plan on finishing this one. I really like it where it's headed. And, you know, I kinda promised and all.

I think it’s safe for me to say that this years FBRC, is a complete & utter disaster. Not only we didn’t get any official start of phase 2 of this contest whatsoever, but also we didn’t get a permanent list of who would be remixing what and those who wanted a different song didn’t get one. (as far as I'm aware of)

Compared to the past contests, that had 17 to 20 entries, we only had 8 entries this year in a very short amount of time. I hope we get an explanation of what went wrong.

I’m sorry if this sounds like I’m cross (which I am) and being harsh, but I am seriously disappointed with the end results.