League of Legends: I finally updated the player list in the OP!

Garian

I've been playing since beta and pre-season and LoL has been tons of fun every game. granted that leavers,trollers and disconnects often screw a whole game over sometimes but most of my matches are very evenly matched and really make players focus to win. Feel free to add me if you want - (Zurken)

My champs:

-Master Yi

- Malz

-Mundo

-Shaco

-Akali

- Caitlyn

I can playa bunch of others but these are my favorites :-D

One of my friends plays Jungle Mundo now, it's effing awesome, although he thinks he'll burn out on it soon.

I've never tried Jungle Mundo, just your typical laning Mundo. Not even that often, but I liked what I played of him. He's just such a troll and flinging cleavers at people gives me laughs.

I've been playing on and off since the game launched. It's one of the best free to play games out there for sure.

I mostly play Support characters, but last time I came back to the game was to play Brand, which was a lot of fun.

My champs:

-Janna

-Soraka

-Sona

-Zilean

-Brand

-Teemo

-Cassiopeia

I mostly play with Janna, Zil and now Brand.

I've been playing on and off since the game launched. It's one of the best free to play games out there for sure.

I mostly play Support characters, but last time I came back to the game was to play Brand, which was a lot of fun.

I mostly play with Janna, Zil and now Brand.

It never hurts to have a good roster of support characters under your belt. I mostly stick to Sona myself, but I've played and done okay with Soraka and Janna. Janna's goddamn amazing, though. Just period. Crazy good.

And Brand's cool, but I just can't really get into how he plays myself, sadly.

It never hurts to have a good roster of support characters under your belt. I mostly stick to Sona myself, but I've played and done okay with Soraka and Janna. Janna's goddamn amazing, though. Just period. Crazy good.

And Brand's cool, but I just can't really get into how he plays myself, sadly.

I love Janna. It was actually the first character I played, but luckily Janna is one of those characters that always stays good and mostly balanced through the patches and is still helluva fun to play.

Sona is pretty cool too but sometimes I get tired of her VERY passive style of play. You're practically a buff generator with only one worthwhile (but very, very good) stun.

I like Brand's playstyle A LOT. I usually have a defensive playstyle (which comes from my support background) and having a passive that does true damage on every action allows me to hurt my enemy in small stacks and pound him hard when I think it's the time. Plus, Brand excells at team fights. His AOE damage on team fights is absolutely awesome and can really turn the tide on a fight.

With Teemo I also play defensively, hurting the enemy little by little while in laning phase, however Teemo tends to be pretty useless late game (except against melee carries). But I love how people get pissed off getting killed by all the mushrooms I lay down all over the map :D.

Yeah, Sona's extremely passive in the late game but if you focused on Hymn of Valor early on she's a semi-effective harrasser early on, especially if you one-two HoV with Power Chord. It's less effective later on, and by that point you're using your Power Chord to Slow or weaken enemies instead.

But Janna's shield is just... oh jeez. So damn good.

And goddamn those Teemo mushrooms. ....But I do enjoy stepping on them as Mordekaiser with a shield up so I can just kinda laugh that they didn't do anything to me. XD

450 IP: Nunu (AP/Tank that can jungle very well), Ryze (machine gun caster that builds all of the mana items, making him very durable), Ashe (Ranged DPS that can kite better than nearly everyone)

1350 IP: Morganna (Strong support/caster-carry hybrid), Annie (Facerolls QWER for 9001 damage), Janna (Has a shield+steroid that synergizes so well with laning with powerful melee DPS champs), Tryndamere (One of the hardest carries in LoL, melee DPS with a 5 second ignore death ult)

Also be sure to like LoL on Facebook to get Tristana for free with the Riot Girl skin ^_____________^ She's my favourite ranged dps in the game right now even though she's not the strongest.

My advice would be to play with all of the free champs, see who you like and try to build your champ collection up based on that. Around summoner level 10 you might want to focus on building a rune page with level 1 runes for the characters you enjoy playing to keep up with other players. The best bet with runes is to use level 1s until you can afford to replace them with level 3s because the ROI is greatest at level 1.

Another note, Nunu is going to be nerfed in the next patch, but I don't know how yet. He's kinda silly powerful right now though so I kinda expected it. One of my biggest gripes is how Riot tries to manipulate the metagame of LoL by affecting it with every patch. Currently the beefy DPS champs have been very powerful, and they really have been ever since the AOE meta from last autumn fell out of favor.

I play under the username Derceto. Feel free to friend me, been playing since the beta, over 900 wins. I'm happy to play with any of you, regardless of skill, I'm much more concerned about playing with cool people who are nothing like the 80% of the LoL community that are douchebags than I am with winning. If you're the type that rags on team mates when they have a bad game don't bother. And I play anything AP, though my best are probably as follows

Anivia

Janna

Heimerdinger

Cassiopeia

though I also play a mean:

Ap Cho, Ap Kogmaw, Ap Gragas, Karthus, Orianna and Tankrawka

My jungle Mordekaiser, 100% win. People always ask, are you troll? Then I just say no. Win, every time.

It's fun, you should try it, if you play Morde.

I've never actually tried a Junglekaiser run. How would that work in terms of Masteries, item build, and the like?

I'm just used to laning and pushing with Morde, either solo or with a partner.

I just downloaded LoL and am eager to learn stuff! It seems a little more casual than HoN, which is good.

In any case, which (if any) of the cheap heroes should I be unlocking?

I play with a lot of "newbies" and am really patient with them if you want to play together. Not saying you'll be bad but that I don't mind playing with people who want to learn. Specially since I was really bad when I first started.

I recommend champions like Tristana, Ashe, Annie, Ryze, basically what's already been said. AD carries like Tristana and nukers like Annie and Ryze are the easiest to play in my opinion. Their roles are pretty simple: don't die and kill stuff if you can.

Junglekaiser: 21/0/9

Marks: flat ad

Seals: flat armor

Glyphs: ap/lvl

Quints: flat ap/move speed

You can use different summoner spells, I prefer flash/smite most of the time.

Regrowth pendant and 1 health pot.

Starting at small golems, lvl up Q first. Use q on the first golem. Kill it with smite. After small golems move on to wraiths - use your potion now - Lvl up w, use w when your q connects on blue wraith.

After wraiths go to wolfs, wait for w cd if it's down. Kill wolfs, lvl q if move speed quints, e if ap quints.

You should defeat blue golem around 3:00-3:15 depending on quints choice.

b, buy boots and 1-2 health pots.

Go to small golems - lizard - wraiths - small wolfs. Now you should be lvl 5 at around/under 5 minutes. If there is an opportunity to gank, use it. But you should primarily try to lvl as fast as possible because that's his strength. You can easily steal camps from the other jungler, just be aware of his teammates.

Skill priority order: R-Q-E-W

Q will deal massive dmg when ganking if you can land it on a single person, and when you are invading it will help you win duels, just don't get caught.

The build I usually go is: rush gunblade, starting with hextech revolver, sell regrowth pendant if you can afford it on your b. You can get boots after hextech revolver or if you are doing good wait till after gunblade, I got gunblade at 11:30 one game hehe.

boots-hextech revolver-upgrade boots I usually go swiftness or cdr/gunblade- rylai's - lich bane - death cap - void staff/zhonya's/FoN

It depends what you need, some games I need to bd, which he is very strong as when you have alot of ap and lich bane. Sometimes you need a bit more tanky because of focus.

Rushing gunblade is important because you don't have ignite and when you use it in conjunction with your ult you can get ghosts so much easier.

That's all I can think of right now, ofc playstyle is the most important. Your goal is to kill the carry and make a ghost out of him, a bit like poppy, except you get an insanely strong minion if you succeed in killing their ad carry, I had a tristana ghost that did 450 dmg per shot, I don't know if it was a bug but it just cleansed their whole team so fast :D. This is where I find flash more useful than ghost.

If you have any questions I wouldn't mind answering them.

I play with a lot of "newbies" and am really patient with them if you want to play together. Not saying you'll be bad but that I don't mind playing with people who want to learn. Specially since I was really bad when I first started.

I recommend champions like Tristana, Ashe, Annie, Ryze, basically what's already been said. AD carries like Tristana and nukers like Annie and Ryze are the easiest to play in my opinion. Their roles are pretty simple: don't die and kill stuff if you can.

Sounds good -- what's your account name there? I'll add you tomorrow when I play.

Has anyone been following the Dreamhack 2011/LoL Season 1 championship? Pretty exciting stuff, although I think part of the game design encourages too much passivity early on-- Particularly flash summoner spell, the chance for ganks to fail due to such an accessable escape discourages early skirmishes. Buuuuuut, once the action gets started, it tends to get really epic really fast.

Sounds good -- what's your account name there? I'll add you tomorrow when I play.

Wozza the Walrus. There's a list of everyone's summoner name in the first post so you can add them too.

EDIT: Just got a pentakill with Trist, albeit in a intermediate bot game. But awesome nonetheless. :D

Edited by kitty