League of Legends: I finally updated the player list in the OP!

Garian

Good games yesterday, guys. It was pretty rough going at points but it was still a lot of fun. I look forward to more games. (This time I'll be on my alt, though, promise!)

Also as a side note to the whole HoN/LoL debate: I really feel like the community of LoL as a friendly or teaching group as well as being competent like having the general knowledge of wards and team comp (once you hit level 30...not going to comment on lowbies cause that's the same in both games) is a lot better. Very rarely do I get teams of 5x carries cause everyone just wants to do that. You get a surprising amount of pubs willing to jungle or tank or play support but I think that's inherent in the game itself. You're able to still get some items for yourself while being a ward bitch and jungling isn't limited to very few characters because any (and I do mean any) champion can jungle as long as you have the right rune/mastery setup.

zero that 80m game we did was absolutely epic. you were what, 40-10-25 or something? too bad i sucked so hardcore before level 18.

Halve the deaths and I think that was my score. At about 40m I sold my boots for another deathcap. I'm just thankful that once you hit 18 you had enough lifesteal to deal with the impending creep waves cause I had no way of dealing with those myself. I took care of killing their entire team, you kept the base alive, and once Tensei got his bearings we just rolled them outright.

I just started playing. Did my first tutorial game. My thoughts:

1. WOW there are a lot of items. A WHOLE lot. Wow.

2. There are a lot of abilities. Also wow. Up to 6 actives to manage at any time.

3. The game *feels* slower and choppier than HoN. Not nearly as smooth or fluid. Reminds me of when I tried the original DotA.

4. I can see why it's addicting.

username, zircon?

there's a lot of items, yeah, but it's got roughly the ratio of items to champions that demigod has, so it's not that bad.

zero, yeah, i was hosing minions left and right with the AoE thing urgot has. it was basically three on five there for a bit, but they were dumb and kept racking up deaths by charging in without support and getting dicked over. i was up to 45% lifesteal at that point, so i basically just sat there and didn't move for minutes at a time.

Wasn't around today cause I was out being social (ugh I know, right?) and tomorrow I'm working at a clinic so I'll be on but late like maybe 11 CST. Definitely want to play with you guys.

Also, Zircon:

You'll get used to the number of items. They're organized really well in the shop. Just click on what you need and the list just presents itself. Also if an item falls under two different categories it will show up in both. For example Bloodthirster gives you both Damage and Lifesteal. So you'll find it under both sections of Atack. Also to be honest a few of them are downright useless. There are a few important ones to learn and in general you can just ask whoever you're playing with for an opinion on what to get.

At the E3 reveal, they said that Leona was going to be a "Sun knight," which led me to assume she'd follow the Paladin motif like Taric-- her armor in the concept art was similar to his. IIRC Valkyries in video games are lightly armored and excel at ranged combat, not very conducive to tanking.

To be honest, I'm more excited for the next champ in the pipeline, the crystal scorpion, but I'm probably going to buy Leona next Tuesday anyway.

Definitely going to be awhile before I understand all the items...

Also for those I was with last night, sorry for not realizing my mic was on. As I said in chat, long day of dreary work = cranky couple :P

no worries. all couples have those conversations once and a while, married or no.

i'll be on in an hour and a half or so (930pm EST) if anyone else wants to visit with me... =)