League of Legends: I finally updated the player list in the OP!

Garian

In LoL, everyone should be buying wards every time they go back IMO. They're too cheap and offer SO MUCH to not be doing it to protect yourself, if not to keep an eye on Dragon/buffs. Too bad in most pub games I'm the only one warding and the people don't ever pay attention to the minimap anyway so... Yeah.

the wards should always be bought by the tank or the jungler, because they're the only ones who can be roaming around putting them in strategic places without putting themselves in too much danger

Edited by Bleck

I am not sure if you are seriously accusing me of trolling but I assure you I am being serious here

not only should carries and/or off-tanks not have to worry about spending much needed money on wards, they probably shouldn't be wandering around in the jungle too much if they don't need to be or if they aren't accompanied

and if you're getting your team to protect the carry so that the carry can put wards down, I mean, come on

I understand your point, but they're really cheap, 75 gold is what, 3 melee minions? Lighting the map up like a christmas tree and being aware of every movement the enemy team makes is so much more powerful than having an IE/Rabadon's 20 seconds sooner. I would agree that in pub play the support/tank/jungler should be expected to ward, but if everyone is sharing the duty then the enemy will have no choice but to adapt (buy an oracle's elixir) or fail. It's win-win for the team doing the ward spam because they know where the enemy is or the enemy has to delay their items to deal with killing wards. Generally you don't want to go warding in offensive places if anyone is MIA anyway so babysitting a carry that's running off to ward is really silly too, I'd never suggest that... which brings me to my other point, it's never safe to invade their jungle unless 4 of the enemies are visible on the minimap and you're sure you can escape the fifth. Being a tank/support doesn't make a difference because getting caught off guard can seal the deal, but taking 2 seconds to ward the wraith/river ramp or the brush in mid is hardly exposing one's self to danger, particularly if the lane is pushed to their tower.

Also I wasn't accusing you of directly trolling me, it is my opinion that warding is something that should be done by the entire team-- Not necessarily aggressively unless there's a bit of map control advantage already (such as having taken a tower recently, particularly mid). It was just a reactionary turn of phrase, nothing personal meant, and I appreciate you clarifying why you have that opinion.

There are easily too many items with too few uses. Every AD (attack damage) carry gets Infinity Edge and Bloodthirster for damage and Zeal/Phantom Dancer for attackspeed. Every AP (ability power) carry gets Rabadon's Deathcap and Rylai's Crystal Scepter, anyone needing magic resist will get Banshee's Veil. It is rather dismaying really, because there are a lot of items that should see more use if they just weren't lackluster in comparison. I'm looking at you, Executioner's Calling (15% crit and 17% lifesteal with an activate that reduces healing/hp regen by half for 8 seconds on a 20 second cooldown). Morello's Evil Tome is another good example, it's basically Deathfire Grasp without the 30% nuke activate... it offers mana regen, cooldown reduction, and AP for only like 300 gold less.

There are items like rabadon's that are very popular and useful for anyone, but aside from a really small minority of items (like hauting guise) ALL items have their place in someone's build, as far as I've seen.

Had my first few games with Flash and it's really a lot better on most heroes than something like Ghost, so yeah, it's probably overpowered. It wouldn't be bad to see it go, or see it on an item, because portal key/blink dagger is actually one of the most balanced items in HoN/DotA imo.

Also got to play AP Teemo as solo mid for the first time and it really rocked.

Edited by Tensei

Had my first few games with Flash and it's really a lot better on most heroes than something like Ghost, so yeah, it's probably overpowered. It wouldn't be bad to see it go, or see it on an item, because portal key/blink dagger is actually one of the most balanced items in HoN/DotA imo.

Also got to play AP Teemo as solo mid for the first time and it really rocked.

I don't think PK is balanced in HoN. It's a sort of stupid item in that there are heroes who are basically useless (or a lot worse) without it, which is not good hero design.

Uhhhh, I don't really see the problem with that. It's already balanced in the sense that if you actually stack on two stuns at the same time, the overlapping durations will technically cause one of the stuns to be a waste.

E: Unless there is some mechanic that I'm unaware of that actually adds up stun durations (i.e. a hero gets stunned from two different sources at the same time for 2 and 1 seconds, which results in a 3 second stun)

still not what he meant. not simultaneous stuns, but consistent, repeated stuns or slows within a short time period.

Yeah, that's what I meant. It's balanced by the fact that it takes good coordination to 'chain' your stuns to make the most out of them instead of blowing them all at the same time.

Sure, it's annoying if you're the guy who gets focused down and blown up before he can even do anything in a teamfight, or if you get ganked, but nerfing CC as a whole would unnecessarily buff carries by letting them get away from ganks, and survive getting focused in a teamfight. Any change that makes ganking less desirable would be a bad one IMO.

The importance of CC gets underlined by how popular and imbalanced Banshee's Veil is at the moment.

Edited by Tensei