League of Legends: I finally updated the player list in the OP!

Garian

Them's the breaks with more dynamic tools in place. Look at tanks like Behe or Accursed. They hurt a ton AND had the extreme tools to get in and do the work.

I think that's comparing apples and oranges. Neither of those heroes' primary role is to soak up damage and draw away aggro from the rest of your team like tanks in LoL tend to do. In fact, a hero like Behemoth is extremely fragile and will usually die in a few seconds if he gets jumped on. I'm really hesitant to refer to any DotA/HoN hero as a tank.

So I started playing Sion, my last couple games, for the first time?

Oh geez, why didn't anyone tell me he was this fun? He's a simple right-click champ, sure, but he's SO GOOD.

Except for his passive. His passive blows. Oh well. He's still SO much fun.

EDIT:

2h2oy08.jpg

So very true.

Edited by Dexie

I think that's comparing apples and oranges. Neither of those heroes' primary role is to soak up damage and draw away aggro from the rest of your team like tanks in LoL tend to do. In fact, a hero like Behemoth is extremely fragile and will usually die in a few seconds if he gets jumped on. I'm really hesitant to refer to any DotA/HoN hero as a tank.

Legionnaire, Zephyr and Armadon are all pretty analogous, particularly Armadon.

So I started playing Sion, my last couple games, for the first time?

Oh geez, why didn't anyone tell me he was this fun? He's a simple right-click champ, sure, but he's SO GOOD.

sion has always been a top tier champ it's just that nobody plays as him because none of the prostreamerpros play as him

in lol the current 'meta' is 'whatever the streamers do' regardless of whether or not it makes any sense

sion has always been a top tier champ it's just that nobody plays as him because none of the prostreamerpros play as him

in lol the current 'meta' is 'whatever the streamers do' regardless of whether or not it makes any sense

I ignore the top streamers and try to avoid the forums are all costs, so huzzah!

I don't even know who the top streamers are, so. Does Elementz still play and have his silly tier list?

Miss Fortune is such an atrociously designed champion (aestheticswise).

E: VVVV

Exposed midriff, cleavage, high heels. Doesn't seem like something a pirate would wear, especially if they're basically on a battlefield and not in a strip club. I know there are other Champions like that, but Miss Fortune really makes me question whether I'm playing a gunslinger or a hooker.

Edited by Tensei

Miss Fortune is such an atrociously designed champion (aestheticswise).

Exposed midriff, cleavage, high heels. Doesn't seem like something a pirate would wear, especially if they're basically on a battlefield and not in a strip club.

That's why you play as her good skins and not the shitty hat skins. Like Caitlyn in a lot of other chanps they have stupid hats or stupid hat hair.

Exposed midriff, cleavage, high heels. Doesn't seem like something a pirate would wear, especially if they're basically on a battlefield and not in a strip club. I know there are other Champions like that, but Miss Fortune really makes me question whether I'm playing a gunslinger or a hooker.

Except she's not a pirate. She's a pirate hunter.

Read her lore, anyway. She dresses like that because she knows all the guys in Bilgewater are idiots and she can use her body to manipulate people.

"guys let's make a champ with huge breasts and then give her two guns and make jokes about her huge guns"

-riot games, age 13

"guys let's make a champ who's a sheriff and make jokes about fuzzy cuffs"

"guys let's make a barbarian and make jokes about jacking off cause he's really strong"

And so on, and so forth. I'd be willing to bet all of my skins that Phreak wrote most of the dialogue in the game that's like that. He seems like that kind of guy.

Except she's not a pirate. She's a pirate hunter.

Read her lore, anyway. She dresses like that because she knows all the guys in Bilgewater are idiots and she can use her body to manipulate people.

My point was that she's intended to be a character that fights (to put it simply). High heels/revealing clothing don't help her with that at all. It would be marginally better (though still pretty terrible) if she had skills that let her seduce enemy champions with her sexy looks or something, but as it is, the clothing literally doesn't do anything for her aside from giving eyecandy.

I think the lore argument is super flimsy because it's more or less a given that the writers just wanted to come up with a plot device to justify putting her in skimpy clothing. The manipulation aspect you mentioned doesn't come back in the gameplay at all.

She COULD just be a badass pirate hunting gunslinger, but no, apparently she has to use her ~feminine charm~ to achieve her goals. That's what I have a problem with.

She fights, but she fights with guns. The idea I guess is that she's not going to be in close to someone, so she doesn't need armor.

Putting aside the fact that not needing armor doesn't equal having to wear high heels and skimpy clothing, I don't feel like this is something that's a characteristic specific to Miss Fortune.

If anything, the whole "Doesn't need armor cause she's ranged and won't be in melee range" is reflected a lot more in a champion like Tristana (Pushes enemies away, increases her own range, leaps away to escape, etc.), yet she wears leather armor, goggles, boots and gauntlets, which to me makes a hell of a lot more sense for a gunslinger archetype.

E: I don't mean to be trolling or anything and I suppose this is somewhat offtopic for this thread, but I do think this is an interesting subject to talk about.

Edited by Tensei

Putting aside the fact that not needing armor doesn't equal having to wear high heels and skimpy clothing, I don't feel like this is something that's a characteristic specific to Miss Fortune.

If anything, the whole "Doesn't need armor cause she's ranged and won't be in melee range" is reflected a lot more in a champion like Tristana (Pushes enemies away, increases her own range, leaps away to escape, etc.), yet she wears leather armor, goggles, boots and gauntlets, which to me makes a hell of a lot more sense for a gunslinger archetype.

E: I don't mean to be trolling or anything and I suppose this is somewhat offtopic for this thread, but I do think this is an interesting subject to talk about.

Boobs sell more than midgets Tensei. At least in most markets and demographics. That is why shooty girl is wearing no cloths.

It seems that I get way more angry than I should at PVP. So I think I will abstain from it.

Also when it comes to Dominion, Rammus is a big fat sonavabitch!