League of Legends: I finally updated the player list in the OP!

Garian

Best worst advice I gave was in a game of DotA about a month after I started about 5.5 years ago. My entire floor of my dorms was playing over LAN and my roommate was on the other team and asked what he should buy as a Lina. I told him to get Divine Rapier. At this point I was a 10-0 Centaur. I waited outside of secret shop, killed him as he left, picked up the rapier then proceeded to triple my kill count. Best troll advice ever. Also this was back when Aegis of the Immortal had 3 stacks and was a shop item and could not be sold or dropped effectively removing an item slot. Yeah you think this era of LoL is crazy? You don't even know the shit I've seen people thought were okay.

Divine Rapier is like the best item ever and Riot should be ashamed that they haven't put something similar in their game yet.

Agreed wholeheartedly, hahaha. Always makes for the most entertaining games!

Edit (to help make something constructive): The one game I've played with locket, it was super useful. Definitely going to be getting it after Aegis on all of my support heroes. Also, Aegis + Merc Treads + Locket makes for a fairly tanky support, which is really nice.

Agreed wholeheartedly, hahaha. Always makes for the most entertaining games!

Edit (to help make something constructive): The one game I've played with locket, it was super useful. Definitely going to be getting it after Aegis on all of my support heroes. Also, Aegis + Merc Treads + Locket makes for a fairly tanky support, which is really nice.

Put all that on Maokai in his ult and that locket is going to do a lot of work.

Also I like Victor a lot now. That buff to Gravity is what he needed. Granted the one game I did play with him tonight I fed like all hell but that's cause I was stuck solo top where he should never be.

Friend of mine joined a small little 1v1 tourney and the guy running it wanted a partner to shoutcast so I offered my services.

Here's a recording of what happened today: http://www.twitch.tv/chrispydelivers/b/307478176

I think I'm decent but I didn't know the guy and there's a lot of downtime cause of the format so it was hard to fill the silence.

Though it's a fun little idea. 1v1 only mid. 2 kill or 2 mid towers to win. Who are your top picks? I personally would rely on my Morde, Talon, Panth, or Cass.

Xypherous did a massive Q&A about the next champion on the forums a few hours ago. He's a pirate/sailor of some sort that uses a massive anchor as a weapon.

Q - Hookshot, pulls Anchorman towards terrain, or if hits champion (any enemy?) pulls Anchorman and that enemy together, but presumably moves Anchorman than enemy less because he's big and heavy

W - Shield that scales with hp

E - Slow version of Tidehunter's ult, keeping enemies close to you unless they choose to run and get cc'd by the spikes.

R - Homing tidal burst that travels up to a maximum amount of time towards a target/until it hits the target. blows up things it hits along the way, blows up and slows on impact of actual target.

He's a tanky character with fairly good AP ratios, that apparently can jungle quite well. He's supposed to be simple to play, while the next one is more complex.

Seems neat. I was hoping we'd get another Bilgewater champion.

Edit: Also, the new support champion is 'definately coming before June', so there's that. :P

Edited by Dexie

played an awesome teamcomp for several games tonight. taric (heal clarity) teemo bot, gragas/morde mid, singed jungle, jax/gp/kong top.

taric and teemo boss around all carry/support lanes hard by shutting down autoattacks and stunning constantly, and always nabbing bottom blue when it's up to deny enemy jungler. mid just is so tanky and can boss anyone around hard. jungle isn't that great, but ganks are easy from the goop, and his toss basically ensures a kill all the time. top lane is whoever you feel like, because jungler or mid can go up top and help out all the time. you've got gragas ult and taric stun as hard cc, plus singed slow and toss, jax stun, and teemo's blind. there's enormous poke with barrels, parrrley, and blind shot, as well as everyone having a lot of escapes. it all comes down to managing your fights, and the other team will screw up before you do if you do it well.

as taric uber-support build, going with philo stone, boots, then aegis, then mana manip, here's my games for the night with this team: 4-2-19, 3-0-6 25m surrender, 0-2-15, 1-2-14. yes, that's me not dying more than twice in four straight games as a tanky support.

we had a touch of trouble in one game that was sona/yorick bot, because yorick could heal so hard so much, and their kong jungle was really good. we only died once each in bot to them, but it was a lot harder to farm. it works out ok though because with heal/clarity and taric's heal, i can appear to be next to death and then be completely full, stunning one of them and getting teemo kills constantly. it doesn't matter later, though - as long as your top lane doesn't take unnecessary risks (having a gp top for the extra gold from ult assists helps out a lot), you inevitably wind up higher levels because every lane has so much sustain.

as far as teemo/taric lane, it's easily one of the best i've ever been in. we faced a shen/graves, yorick/sona, alistar/graves, and janna/rumble (which was way cooler than it sounds, double shield was really annoying), and just absolutely blew them away. i want to face a vayne/soraka or cait/soraka, still, but if it ranks up there with the best bottom lanes, i'm cool with it =)