League of Legends: I finally updated the player list in the OP!

Garian

Zyra is so good. Her lane control is ridiculous, as is her ability to lock enemy champions behind their own towers during team pushes. I'm enjoying her a lot :P

Edit: After a few more games, I think she is easily the game's most adaptable champion. I've tried a full on support build, maxing E and taking only one point in Q -- with an aggressive champion like Vayne or Twitch with you this works very, very well.

For soloing you'll want Q first before the stun for max damage potential. You can out-gun nearly everyone in the cast if you get the jump on them -- open with E into seed, followed by Q into seed, then ult. Place the ult so that if they flash backwards they still get hit (range is large enough, likely to be nerfed eventually). Insta win against damn near anyone.

If you're about to be ganked, try E --> seed --> ult and you'll likely get out, even against two or three.

Edited by BardicKnowledge

• 3 weeks later...
to anyone who hasn't already figured this out, when you're playing and someone starts saying dumb shit, just mute them immediately. it's amazing how much better you play. i started doing that this past week and have turned around some pretty well lost games.

I've never thought of doing that. I have noticed that raging in response makes me feed 11 kills. :(

to anyone who hasn't already figured this out, when you're playing and someone starts saying dumb shit, just mute them immediately. it's amazing how much better you play. i started doing that this past week and have turned around some pretty well lost games.

how do you mute someone? this sounds deliciously awesome. solo-queueing has been a drudgery lately because invariably when i only get kills on three out of four ganks out of the jungle i get the "gg jungle sux" or something from a teammate.

I'm so glad I jungle

i call more mias when i jungle than when i don't, simply because i don't have to stare at redbuff while i kill it usually, and because i'm always watching for pushed lanes and enemy ganks.

i call more mias when i jungle than when i don't, simply because i don't have to stare at redbuff while i kill it usually, and because i'm always watching for pushed lanes and enemy ganks.

I meant moreso I don't have to care when others call mia, because I'm safe in the jungle.

And similarly, I got like 3 kills in the first five minutes of the game, and enemy Akali calls me a noob. I then proceed to kill her and her teammates like they are tissue paper repeatedly, and every time she called me a noob.

Bonus: When their Katarina attacked our Fizz, she died in no time. Enemy Akali then called Fizz "fucking stupid". :P

The thing about calling mia in chat is that it takes a second out of your time to tell somebody something that they could have known themselves if they watched their map - which they should be doing.

If somebody chooses to call mias, good for them. They're a nice person. But it's a privilege, not a right; if you ever get mad at someone for not calling mias, you're an idiot.

Also fuck Diana. The ratio on her Q is way too high, and the cooldown on her W is way too low.

I meant moreso I don't have to care when others call mia, because I'm safe in the jungle.

And similarly, I got like 3 kills in the first five minutes of the game, and enemy Akali calls me a noob. I then proceed to kill her and her teammates like they are tissue paper repeatedly, and every time she called me a noob.

Bonus: When their Katarina attacked our Fizz, she died in no time. Enemy Akali then called Fizz "fucking stupid". :P

You should care about mias since they could very well come into the jungle and kill you, you're not as safe as you think there.

Also yes I see a lot of people call me or friends noobs for doing good, but hey whatever makes them feel better. Those are the enemies to put on ignore immediately.

You should care about mias since they could very well come into the jungle and kill you, you're not as safe as you think there.

Entering my jungle is not a smart idea. :mrgreen:

I don't need to worry about mias regardless, because as Bleck said, I watch the map. It's kind of my job, being the team ganker.

Edited by Neblix

i bought olaf a little while ago and started playing him to give him a shot after getting beast-mode'd by him in a few games in a row. i have discovered that he's bloody awesome and fun and if you think about what you're doing with him you can beat almost any top. the ones i've had trouble with were zyra (shaco fed her both buffs early and she was bursting a third of my hp off every time her CDs were up) and lee sin, who is tough anyways. i have had one terrible game with him, a few that weren't too great, and several that were really good or just plain awesome. picked up a quad in a 2v4 running late into a teamfight that had just ended, which was great.

besides the fact that his axe allows him to farm effectively at a long range when against a higher-level foe, he's just plain fun to play. i've been using one basic build with him and modifying it a bit each time, but i'm getting the hang of what's good and what's not on him, and he's just entertaining to play. maybe it's because i haven't played top in a while.

i wasn't as impressed with him when i jungled him. he vomits damage early so it's easy to cream jungle creeps and gank hard when the lane is pushed, but he can't manufacture kills like characters with a solid stun or CTG can (mummy, noc, xin, lee sin). the only reason i'd jungle him is if we had an ap-heavy team - like, an ad/lux bot with a bursty mage mid - to allow a non-jungling tank to farm top.

most of the builds i see for him have him building items like maw, mallet, warmogs, tenacity boots, GA, atmas, and wriggles. i like that set but i feel he doesn't do much at full hp because he doesn't attack fast enough until he's absorbed some damage, and if i'm building mallet and maw before warmogs or atmas, it's tough for the game to go long enough to buy them, even with a lot of farm (you're looking at 10k just for wriggles, boots, mallet, and maw). he's very item-dependent late-game but he's still fun =)

Also fuck Diana. The ratio on her Q is way too high, and the cooldown on her W is way too low.

Her Q is one the shortest-range skillshots in the game and has absolutely zero effect other than damage and a cooldown reducer (which requires her to either have shittons of mana or be at max mana at all times or lose any gank potential). and the cooldown on her w is comparable to cooldown on Sion's (which is arguably better in every way) and Leona's.

the only broken thing on her is her E at higher levels. it needs to have a 20 second cooldown throughout the game. Waaaaaaay too much utility for an assassin.

Edited by relyanCe

Her Q is one the shortest-range skillshots in the game and has absolutely zero effect other than damage and a cooldown reducer (which requires her to either have shittons of mana or be at max mana at all times or lose any gank potential).

Being short-range doesn't really matter when she's a melee character with a move that instantly teleports you to an enemy. The fact that it's a skillshot doesn't really mean anything when it's on a five second cooldown and is on a character who's going to be building bruiser items.

and the cooldown on her w is comparable to cooldown on Sion's (which is arguably better in every way) and Leona's.

...which is why it's too low? Leona is a tank, a straight up CC machine, so her shield isn't really a big deal because it's not keeping her alive so that she can do ridiculous amounts of damage. And Sion is a joke.

I don't think Diana is overpowered, per se, but she's definitely contributing to the slow power creep that has left a whole bunch of other characters in the dust.

Being short-range doesn't really matter when she's a melee character with a move that instantly teleports you to an enemy. The fact that it's a skillshot doesn't really mean anything when it's on a five second cooldown and is on a character who's going to be building bruiser items.

I don't think Diana is overpowered, per se, but she's definitely contributing to the slow power creep that has left a whole bunch of other characters in the dust.

I pretty much agree with this, she's not overtly better than every ap ever or anything like that, but her cooldowns can get far too low for how much mana they cost. i usually build diana full cooldown (nashor's, grail) and the teleport can get down to like 9 seconds cooldown, not to mention the q is like 4 and a half and at that point you have all the mana you could ever want anyways.

on the other hand, i can see why they're doing all of the character reworks/rearranges, because they see that this is happening and they're making moves to give older characters that are getting left in the dust relevancy. for instance, the kat rework didn't do a TON but the lower cooldown on ult and the new e that gives more mobility and a little more burst create a character with more options than the original version. playstyle can stay the same, but now she can jungle, or build tanky with cooldown and sheen. also the garen rework did a really good job of giving garen late game relevancy i think. the scaling w and crit on q are both big buffs, even if his original base values did get cut.

• 3 months later...
Seems a lot of people play this, but I rarely see a group of OCR peeps playing together. It would be super cool/fun to organize a ranked group to play a few games once a week or something. Would anyone be interested in doing something like this?

I'd love to get an organized group of 5 together. I'm RTBardic online -- hit me up whenever.