League of Legends: I finally updated the player list in the OP!

Garian

So I haven't played very much recently and as much as I like to say I'm really a plat+ player but just haven't put in the time I think I have proof now.

Decided to finally make a ranked 5s team with the group I usually play with and so far we're 5 - 0. Placed into Gold I. Definitely going to be making a run and platinum and even beyond. Had one game where we came back from a 3 inhib down situation against a plat/gold team and another where we came back from a 2 inhib down situation against a diamond/plat team.

I like to think I played a major part in all these games. Played Caitlyn and Corki only so far. My average KDA is: 11.2 | 1.6 | 8.4. And remember that's including games where the team was getting generally pooped on and we were multiple inhibs down.

It's good to know that I'm probably mid plat maybe even inching on Diamond if I really try. Shame you don't get the same luxuries as an adc in solo queue. I play a lot more mid and that's hit or miss.

So I haven't played very much recently and as much as I like to say I'm really a plat+ player but just haven't put in the time I think I have proof now.

Decided to finally make a ranked 5s team with the group I usually play with and so far we're 5 - 0. Placed into Gold I. Definitely going to be making a run and platinum and even beyond. Had one game where we came back from a 3 inhib down situation against a plat/gold team and another where we came back from a 2 inhib down situation against a diamond/plat team.

I like to think I played a major part in all these games. Played Caitlyn and Corki only so far. My average KDA is: 11.2 | 1.6 | 8.4. And remember that's including games where the team was getting generally pooped on and we were multiple inhibs down.

It's good to know that I'm probably mid plat maybe even inching on Diamond if I really try. Shame you don't get the same luxuries as an adc in solo queue. I play a lot more mid and that's hit or miss.

I'd really like to do ranked 5's at some point, eliminating the ELO Hell element of solo queue. Playing enough games to climb to Gold would assist me greatly in that I suppose...I was demoted down to Bronze V two months ago for taking care of Owen instead of playing League, haha. Should hit Silver IV before Friday, hoping to get gold for Elise at season close.

Edit: Zero, how did you come back from 3 inhib down? It's been my belief that it takes an error on the opposing team at that point, as their map control should dwarf anything you can do. Should be a free baron (can't leave your base or creeps push in and take nexus) for the other team into a win at that point almost every time, shouldn't it?

Edit 2: Thus far, I am yet to lose a lane as AP Karma top -- it seems that very few champs can do anything about it. Running her forces jungle to camp top, allowing other lanes to win...and I have no trouble farming 1v2 with the massive waveclear that Karma gets. The secret? Prioritize W2 instead of poking harder with Q2 -- that 40% healing makes you very, very deceptively tanky.

Edited by BardicKnowledge

Edit: Zero, how did you come back from 3 inhib down? It's been my belief that it takes an error on the opposing team at that point, as their map control should dwarf anything you can do. Should be a free baron (can't leave your base or creeps push in and take nexus) for the other team into a win at that point almost every time, shouldn't it?

They took the 3 inhibitors really quickly. What let us win was the fact that I was Cait and the influx of constant farm (I ended with 514 cs) and I only died 4 times due to really good positioning and the fact that the enemy team had no real assassins so even with Baron I was alive essentially the entire game. I ended the game with a complete damage build: BT, IE, LW, PD, Shiv, Zephyr. Enemy comp had no assassins and two heavy front line tanks but because of really super solid bot lane play enemy Jinx ended the game with less than 1 KDA ratio.

So far with this team our two hardest won victories involved bot lane being the strongest most consistent lane and our team comps being superior throughout the duration of the game instead of really strong early or late.

It's this game: http://www.lolking.net/summoner/na/20459721#history/1118541287

Scroll down until you see the one that's open. (You'll also see a super baller AD Ahri game.)

Also: The real issue of trying to get out of a league as a top laner is that both top and bot are iffy for specific reasons. Top is an island and is very hard to win from. Bottom you have to rely on the skill of your support (or ADC if you main support). Mid has probably the most influence on the game which is why I solo queue and mid despite ADC being my clear strongest role.

Edit: Be wary of playing 5s with just anyone expecting that it'll "fix" ELO hell. Our team has a clear goal and we all see each other as strong plat or even diamond players despite what our solo queue ranks do. We're all on the same page in terms of who is our normal shot caller and what happens if that shot caller goes on tilt. In general our mid is our shot caller and our jungle is our fight target caller. That last game though he was getting shit on really hard by a diamond level Gragas so bot lane ended up calling most of the shots cause despite top mid AND jungle losing and feeding I was 11/1/4 by the midgame and we came back from double inhib down again cause of super solid bot lane play.

What I'm trying to say is that people will argue and quibble and get on each other's cases all the time. We knew that would happen and we know that we'd all be capable shot callers and we'll have different opinions. We know that discussions about general things need to happen out of game and that in game it's all about the win and nothing but that. You really REALLY need to be able to trust the people you're playing with to feel like it's not the blame game ELO hell all over again.

Edited by eternal Zero

What I'm trying to say is that people will argue and quibble and get on each other's cases all the time. We knew that would happen and we know that we'd all be capable shot callers and we'll have different opinions. We know that discussions about general things need to happen out of game and that in game it's all about the win and nothing but that. You really REALLY need to be able to trust the people you're playing with to feel like it's not the blame game ELO hell all over again.

Yep, our 3v3 team (Tom, Brad, and myself) run into this often, where both Brad and I like to call the shots -- the games we win are those in which we settle on one or the other (doesn't matter who, as long as we are all agreed and in sync). Luckily we have been working pretty well together as of late, next season 3v3 we'll likely do well.

Seen you play and you are definitely plat+. If you want a plat support I'm always looking for good ADCs to duo with.

What's your league name, Kitty?

Also we're in the middle of another 5s session and we just stomped on some guys. Man I'm showing a lot of growth. I had a really easy penta opportunity but instead went for towers to win the game. Quadra was good enough for me.

Edit: Then we lost two in a row to the same team who were much better than us.

Now to keep playing normals completely on tilt and just go on feeding sprees.

Edited by eternal Zero

Yep, our 3v3 team (Tom, Brad, and myself) run into this often, where both Brad and I like to call the shots -- the games we win are those in which we settle on one or the other (doesn't matter who, as long as we are all agreed and in sync). Luckily we have been working pretty well together as of late, next season 3v3 we'll likely do well.

haha, yeah. i tend to 'coach' because as a jungle i'm usually looking at the lanes to see trends and locations, but ryan's much more measured than i am when it comes to risks =)