League of Legends: I finally updated the player list in the OP!

Garian

RIP One for All. Hope you have a GA we don't know about (yes I just said that).

In other news, I played a game with zircon, BardicKnowledge, and DragonAvenger. Apparently an opponent was streaming the game. My friend messaged me and told me his friend said "wtf Jeff just ran out of the bush at this team on a stream I'm watching"

We were getting our teeth kicked in except for zircon at bot. Eventually we came back and won after a grueling 58 minutes! Felt pretty good that we can show the viewers of some random streamer who's boss. :P

EDIT: I should add that everyone on the team played really well (except maybe probably me) and stuck with it and I'm proud of them. zircon positioned himself well as ADC and Deia got some key grabs (edit #2 stuns, not grabs). Bardic was able to come back as Kat and dish out truckloads of damage, which is hard for a Kat who got behind early game to do!

Edited by kitty

No no, it was the same where Garen steamrolled me as Riven. I am terribad at melee characters :)

Oh yeah it was Steve at bot! Well you got some good grabs in the game you really did play Blitz! :P And you saved my butt with Riven stun more than once for sure.

Edited by kitty

Did anyone notice that Yasuo's team in the video had all knockup champs? J4, Blitz, Naut, and Malph.

Edit: So this is pretty dumb but you can start with 56% crit chance on Yasuo if you have a mastery page full of crit runes (lol I do) and buy Brawler's Glove as your first item.

Edited by kitty

I like making tier lists, but since there are so many champs now, here's an abridged list... let me know your thoughts. I'll just have "S tier" and "A tier", without bothering with anything else.

Top Lane: The best top laners have few bad matchups, relatively safe farming, and can contribute to teamfights even if not very farmed. They usually have escapes, CC, and sustain.

S Tier: Riven, Renekton, Lee Sin, Cho'gath, Zed

A Tier: Nasus, Gangplank, Aatrox, Garen, Malphite, Shen, Kha'zix

Situational: Quinn, Teemo, Vladimir, Ryze

Mid Lane: The best mid laners have burst and fairly reliable CC.

S Tier: Annie, Lux, Morgana, Zed, Kassadin

A Tier: Orianna, Kassadin, Ziggs, Ahri, Brand

Situational: Riven, LeBlanc, Cassiopeia, Swain

Jungle: Top tier junglers have relatively fast clear time, sustain (or high defense), escapes, excellent ganks, and high disruption.

S Tier: Vi, Lee Sin, Jarvan IV

A Tier: Amumu, Cho'Gath, Udyr, Zac, Trundle

AD Carry: This role is a little weak right now, but the strongest AD carries can output a lot of damage quickly even before being fully farmed. They also typically have escapes, self buffs for AS/MS, and high range abilities of some kind (to stay safe).

S Tier: Lucian, Jinx, Sivir, Draven

A Tier: Corki, Caitlyn, Miss Fortune, Quinn

Situational: Tristana, Kog'Maw

Support: Currently, this role can be very variable. Good supports now tend to be on the tanky side with the ability to CC and lock down hard, to compliment an aggressive carry. This CC can be used not only to initiate, but also peel or counter initiate.

S Tier: Thresh, Nami, Taric, Lulu, Blitzcrank

A Tier: Sona, Leona, Fiddlesticks, Janna, Zyra

Situational: Soraka, Annie

Edited by zircon

I'd move Zyra back into at least A if not S and move Annie into situational for support.

For mid, you're missing Zed who beats most traditional AP casters mid and someone who can is incredibly hard to kill if he doesn't build 5 BTs. Even if he doesn't kill his opponent, he can farm well out in the open and under his turret.

For ADC, I'd throw in Quinn because her blind makes her trades really strong and she's also pretty safe with her ult.

Support: Currently, this role can be very variable. Good supports now tend to be on the tanky side with the ability to CC and lock down hard, to compliment an aggressive carry. This CC can be used not only to initiate, but also peel or counter initiate.

S Tier: Thresh, Nami, Taric, Lulu, Annie, Blitzcrank

A Tier: Sona, Leona, Fiddlesticks, Janna, Zyra

Situational: Soraka

I almost exclusively main support, and I think Leona is a step above most supports right now. I would replace Nami with her.

That being said, I think its less about tier lists and more about matchup potential. The gameplay changes way to much based on who you are playing against. You know how in fighting games, they do those big charts with x/10 wins for a given character against another, like.. say Zangief should win 7/10 matches against Chun Li because of how he's balanced against her? I'd LOVE to see something like that for LoL.

Here we go, like this: http://img856.imageshack.us/img856/7180/k04.png

Edited by k-wix

You're right on both counts, Leona is damn solid and overall tier lists are difficult for a game like this. But as Neblix said, matchup lists are also tricky. After all, you have to define winning or losing a lane. If LeBlanc ends laning phase 1/0/0, I'd argue that she didn't win, since she needs more kills to snowball early. On the other hand, a Nasus or Gangplank that's 0/0/0 and 140 CS in 13 minutes has probably "won" in that they have massive farm to take them into midgame.

I suppose the reason I made the tier list is to give some of the newer players an idea of who the strong champions are to consider learning. Most of these champs will be powerful even if they receive some slight nerfs. For example, Lee Sin can do so much that while his numbers have been whittled down over time, he's still a monster.

i almost exclusively main support, and i think leona is a step above most supports right now. I would replace nami with her.

That being said, i think its less about tier lists and more about matchup potential. The gameplay changes way to much based on who you are playing against. You know how in fighting games, they do those big charts with x/10 wins for a given character against another, like.. Say zangief should win 7/10 matches against chun li because of how he's balanced against her? I'd love to see something like that for lol.

Here we go, like this: http://img856.imageshack.us/img856/7180/k04.png

Quit floppin around!

Adding to Zircon's tier list, I'd throw Khazix in both Top and Jungle as an A-tier character worth playing -- Teleport is especially strong on him due to how his E resets, allowing for easy cleanup of fights.

As for Yasuo, I'd say the jury is still out, but he is quite good. Assuming that you have at least one other champion with a knockup move (Jarvan IV and Nami are both S-tier on Zircon's list, so this isn't unrealistic), he's at least A-tier for top laner.