X-Men Psytrance

So I've always been addicted to Marvel. Especially the X-Men. My metal band is even named after stuff from the marvel comics lol.

I thought I'd make a "Psytrance" type remix of that theme song. You know the one. It's not nearly finished yet. I plan to throw more complicated parts and some insane guitar shredding. Because I always feel weird when I do a song and don't play SOME guitar lol.

stats.png

Feedback much appreciated. Clickity clack that button!

Very nice clean sound and some good samples/synths. One or two of them sound a little weedy (ie near the end there is a snare roll that sounds a bit thin, and the lead that plays before it sounds kind of flat and basic).

Mixing-wise, you use the stereo field well and a lot of your effects processing is spot-on. However I do feel the mix is a bit bass-heavy, it kind of gives me a mini headache after a while, and I think maybe the kick bumps a little TOO strong. See what you can do with it :)

Only other thing is that drop-off/filter-back-in thing is very abrupt and doesn't feel right. The filter-back-in is fine, it's just the drop-off that's too sharp. If you can make that drop feel a little more natural, it will be awesome.

Composition sounds greats, but some of the sounds im not diggin.

well the opening cymbal pratically tore a black hole into my ear, and im not sure which drum or synth, but one of them or a combination of them gave me a sensation of nails on a chalkboard. composition wise it's sick though.

Very nice clean sound and some good samples/synths. One or two of them sound a little weedy (ie near the end there is a snare roll that sounds a bit thin, and the lead that plays before it sounds kind of flat and basic).

Mixing-wise, you use the stereo field well and a lot of your effects processing is spot-on. However I do feel the mix is a bit bass-heavy, it kind of gives me a mini headache after a while, and I think maybe the kick bumps a little TOO strong. See what you can do with it :)

Only other thing is that drop-off/filter-back-in thing is very abrupt and doesn't feel right. The filter-back-in is fine, it's just the drop-off that's too sharp. If you can make that drop feel a little more natural, it will be awesome.

Thanks!

I'll change up that one lead a bit for sure. I'll swap that snare out too. I'll tweak the bass range as well.

Agree on the drop, I'll for sure try to make that smoother.

All that should probably be easy to fix. Now let's see if I screw it up lol

• 2 weeks later...