Zelda Ocarina of Time 3D

XZero

So the U.S. preorder bonus is pretty lame:

http://www.zeldadungeon.net/2011/06/ocarina-of-time-3d-north-american-pre-order-bonus/

I'm pretty sure I got that exact same poster from Nintendo Power back when the game was originally released. Oh well, the game still looks fantastic.

On the one hand, any artwork from Ocarina is nice. On the other, the picture I linked to on the first page (1st post) would have been greatly preferred. It's actually a new image and looks absolutely beautiful.

Is it just me, or is the game way too saturated?

I'm not saying I want it to be all brown and gray, but I dunno, that's probably my biggest turn off with the remake. It's too bright, and the water texture looks awful.

3ds_zeldaot_03scrn03_u_ev.jpeg

legend-of-zelda-ocarina-of-time-link-queen-gohma-sword.jpg

I dunno. I'd like to see a MM remake though.

From what I've heard, it looks much better in motion on the 3DS screen.

The developers' goal was to make it look more like the promo art back in 1998, which tended to have brighter colors than the in-game graphics.

everyone who says this needs to shut up and actually play wind waker, since it's clearly been so long that they can't remember getting attacked by sharks

or giant flying pufferfish

or seeing hidden treasure glowing

or finding cool mysterious islands

or suddenly getting whisked up by a tornado

or sucked into a whirlpool created by an enormous and terrifying squid monster

I remember all of those things, it was still boring as fuck, and I never finished the game because of it

also there is a dangerous amount of hurr durrr going on in this thread

I wasn't hooked by WW either, though it is quite beautiful. It's one of the few Zelda games I didn't beat. I tried to go back to WW a couple weeks ago and I couldn't get into it, but I did go back to Ocarina a bit ago and I was able to pickup right where I left off. I guess it has to do more with nostalgia and familiarity with the latter. I wish I had the time to start Wind Waker anew, but I just continued off an old save.

There's something about Link's Awakening that I have always found kind of interesting.

In Link's Awakening, the characters,the bosses, the temples you visit... they all warn you that the island is the dream of the Wind Fish. The Owl tells you that once you defeat the final Nightmare, the Wind Fish will awaken and then the island, and all its inhabitant, will cease to exist. You know this so much, and in the end... you do it anyway.

I have to wonder if anyone just decided to not finish the game and left the island to continue existing.

Um excuse me I spent 2 years studying Zelda theory I believe my opinion holds more weight than all of yours.

Let me tell you how it is:

MM > ALttP > LA > TWW > OoT > LoZ > OoA > TMC > AoL > TP > DS Zeldas

I wasn't hooked by WW either, though it is quite beautiful. It's one of the few Zelda games I didn't beat. I tried to go back to WW a couple weeks ago and I couldn't get into it, but I did go back to Ocarina a bit ago and I was able to pickup right where I left off. I guess it has to do more with nostalgia and familiarity with the latter. I wish I had the time to start Wind Waker anew, but I just continued off an old save.

you should finish it, the near end of the game triforce fetch quest is a pain but everything after it is great, maybe the best ending in the series. I don't think the game is amazing overall and I think it started a lot of negative trends the series is still reeling from, but the ending is great

There's something about Link's Awakening that I have always found kind of interesting.

In Link's Awakening, the characters,the bosses, the temples you visit... they all warn you that the island is the dream of the Wind Fish. The Owl tells you that once you defeat the final Nightmare, the Wind Fish will awaken and then the island, and all its inhabitant, will cease to exist. You know this so much, and in the end... you do it anyway.

I have to wonder if anyone just decided to not finish the game and left the island to continue existing.

LA is amazing. it's probably my third or fourth favorite zelda game, it's hard for me to get into it and play it because of the gameboy limitations(if you could equip 3-4 items at a time...), but it probably occupies a more special place in my heart than any of them except majora's mask, and I got it in 2006

it seems like I have the most love for zelda games in which link stumbles into some strangely familiar but alien land that isn't hyrule

So has anyone here gotten it yet? I heard Europe got the game on Friday.

Yes indeed! I'm loving it, all the little graphical updates are great, and the 3D effect is pretty good. Especially in moments like when Navi flies around the Kokiri village in the beginning. Controls feel nice and smooth, but playing the ocarina doesn't feel as intuitive as it did on the N64. Apparently you have to beat the regular game before you can play Master Quest and the Boss Rush mode, but I don't mind. I'm enjoying every minute of it. I recommend it to anyone who is still having doubts!

When was the last time you played OoT? I played it three years ago, so I'm worried I won't enjoy it as much. Also I tend to watch OoT videos on Youtube when I'm particularly bored, so, I dunno I never really stopped playing it.

(And yet I rate OoT as being an average Zelda game. I'm strange).