Zelda Ocarina of Time 3D

XZero

What do you get when you complain about dungeons being too hard? You get the water temple 2.0. Here, we'll move that switch to the other side of the bars so you won't have any trouble hitting it. Look, this block floated up. See the hole under it? See it? See it? Ok, now follow the neon lines.

P.S. I'm greatly enjoying the new character animation work.

I picked it up yesterday as well. The graphics are awesome, sound is very close to original, although it does seem that some phrasing was changed very slightly on some songs a little bit here and there (Goron village is the only one that particularly comes to mind ATM).

The 3D effect is awesome and relieving. Before this game, all of the 3D effects I saw on the system felt too much like paper cutouts for me to really get immersed in and that worried me that this was all the 3DS was capable of doing, but this game totally erased all of those doubts about the system.

Also, this is also the first time that I felt motion controls add to the immersion of the game. In the original, I hated using first-person items or going into first person mode to look around because it felt like a chore to use the thumbsticks to look around/aim, but I've noticed that I really enjoy going into FP mode and sometimes I've done it just to look around the room I'm in. I've never done that in the original, and I played that game to death.

One more note: Is it just me, or does the music volume feel a little overblown? I keep hearing minor sound clipping for me in louder areas. Haven't listened with headphones yet, so maybe it's just the 3DS speakers.

One more note: Is it just me, or does the music volume feel a little overblown? I keep hearing minor sound clipping for me in louder areas. Haven't listened with headphones yet, so maybe it's just the 3DS speakers.

I'm pretty sure it's the speakers. About half of the time I've played it so far has been with decent headphones and the other half was without, and the music (actually, all of the audio in general) sounded perfect on the headphones, but not quite as good on the speakers.

That's funny, because Koji Kondo said he wanted players to play without headphones because he and his team managed to make the audio feel like it's surround sound or something like that. I forget what he actually said.

Playing Master Quest, and I'm stuck in the Deku Tree. I've been tearing through old puzzles from memory for the last two days and now I can't even process new ones. This is gonna be good. Mirrored slingshot/deku stick arm is weird.

Also, I've been playing pretty much exclusively with headphones. Tried speakers for a few seconds and decided headphones gave me a richer sound.

Edit: Oh. No more stuckage. Silly me for thinking Link's head couldn't pass through solid objects.

Guh, I'm seriously considering returning my Amazon pre-order when it gets here and buying a copy today so I can register it on Club Nintendo for the bonus soundtrack, even though I know I'll listen to it once and then it'll collect dust. Why does Amazon never have release-day shipping for stuff I actually want on release day?

Guh, I'm seriously considering returning my Amazon pre-order when it gets here and buying a copy today so I can register it on Club Nintendo for the bonus soundtrack, even though I know I'll listen to it once and then it'll collect dust. Why does Amazon never have release-day shipping for stuff I actually want on release day?

You should have just gone to GameStop. Simple.

Why does Amazon never have release-day shipping for stuff I actually want on release day?

Can't speak for other days, but for Zelda, it's probably because it came out on a Sunday.... (doesn't excuse them from shipping it to arrive today).

Wowza. From registering my 3DS, syncing with the shop, and registering my OOT, I jumped instantly from not being anywhere close to being a platinum member to clearing the bar.

BAM! 240 points!

Now, how long does this thing take to charge. I'm getting antsy.

According to the Googles, it really doesn't hurt to use lithium-ion-powered gadgets before they're fully charged. The battery gauge might not calibrate correctly, but it resets the next time it's fully charged.

ARG. okay doing it

Does being in the Nintendo Club thing do anything worthwhile?

Like, free games? Maybe a cool plush Mario character? A hat? Anything?

Or is it more like a bragging thing?

Registering games gives you coins. You can spend these coins on nintendo merch. On top of that, if you collect a certain quota of coins in a single year, you get a free collectable gift without using any of your coins at all.