Zelda Ocarina of Time 3D

XZero

quit yer bitchin

the thing with club nintendo is that the free award they give you usually sucks. last year i think it was an animal crossing poster, but it was really cheap and tacky.

nope last year it was a sick figurine of mario and pals handpainted

its pretty awesome

he's also 12 and likely overweight

by the way it's dee-koo tree not decku tree i dont get why people pronounce it that way

The first part made me laugh. He's also WAY farther in the game than I am, though I get maybe an hour or two a day to play video games, so I guess that's to be expected.

Just curious on that second part, where'd you hear it pronounced that way? I always thought it was deck-oo rather than dee-koo, though I've never seen any official confirmation either way.

because if you follow phoenetic pronunciation procedures (kinda like, you know, the whole japanese language), it will come out as deh-koo (or deck-oo, whatever)

I can't imagine what kind of retarded vowel shift would be required for it to be pronounced dee-koo (oh wait, english did that, heh)

Well, funnily enough, we were just talking about this on another forum.

I always went:

Ko-keer-ee

Dee-koo

Neigh-roo

Skull-chula (as a kid, i pronounced it Skull-a-ta ...)

Fa-ror

Nah-veye

From what I gather, some of that is wrong, but that's how i pronounced them as a kid, and can and will not change!

for the record i pronounce saria as sair-ee and kokiri as kor-kor-ee. so yeah im not exactly some pronunciation wizard.

i blame my being 5 when this game came out. feel free to get pissed about it but hey the first time i referred to "ocarina" as ock-uh-reena instead of orc-arena my siblings had no idea what i was talking about.

edit: oh and let me get a little bit of this in here

Dee-koo

Nigh-roo

Skull-tula

Fair-rore

Na-vee

Hi-lee-in

Ger-roo-doo (sharp g)

Sheek (yes i know it's shake)

Well, funnily enough, we were just talking about this on another forum.

I always went:

Ko-keer-ee

Dee-koo

Neigh-roo

Skull-chula (as a kid, i pronounced it Skull-a-ta ...)

Fa-ror

Nah-veye

From what I gather, some of that is wrong, but that's how i pronounced them as a kid, and can and will not change!

For me:

Ko-keer-ee

Dee-koo

Nigh-roo

Skull-chula

Fair-or

Kuh-CAR-ick-oh

HIGH-rule

Am I the only one who says "DEH-Koo"?

Nope.

It's kind of weird when you end up talking Zelda with someone and have no "canon" pronunciation to refer to for most of the names. SAR-ia, Ka-kuh-REE-koh, Guh-ROO-doh, NAV-ee, JAH-boo JAH-boo, Skull-TUL-ah (though that would be more likely with two L's at the end, I guess)...

Then again, despite all the games saying "MAR-ee-oh" the ads seem to use "MAYR-ee-oh" a lot. To me, that's kinda up there with "Eye-rak" and "Eye-tal-ee-an."

I always had a fat man crush on adult link as a kid. He looks too girly now. Jeez Nintendo.

Also, even though I pronounce Saria as SAIR-ee, I'm pretty sure it's Suh-ree-ah. That's how my friend always pronounced it at least, it's Maria with an s. And Kakariko is Kack-uh-REE-co.

I usually go with the emphasis being either non-existent or kind of on the first syllable unless I feel like I gotta stick with what looks like it should be rules of English.

SAR-ree-ah

DE-ku

SKULL-chu-la(sort of like tarantula)

Koh-KEE-ree(this is probably wrong and it's actually KOH-kee-ree, but whatev')

NAY-roo

Fah-ROAR

Ka-ka-REE-koh(like Kakarot I guess)

Of course until I hear Miyamoto say it, the jury's still out.