OCR02253 - Chrono Trigger "The Last Schala Mix Ever"

djpretzel

"What actually inspired this was that I really enjoyed and fell in love with the clean tones that my 7-string made."

You and me both dude.

Halc's chiptune stuff works off the guitar rather well like it clashes, but in a good way.

To be honest this reminded me of silent hill 2 more then chrono trigger just for the way the sound the guitar made, it might just be me but listen to the theme for silent hill 2 and tell me if im crazy.

Glad you two guys made a colab love both your work so keep it up :D

Incidentally i hope its not "The last schala mix" seeing as "schala mix's" actually made me want to play chrono trigger and i loved every minute of it.

After finally playing Chrono Trigger a couple of years ago, I'm sort of surprised that Schala's Theme has become the remixing stand-by that it has, since it really didn't feature all that much in the original game. The tracks "Corridors of Time" and "Undersea Palace" were much more prominent in that part of the game, so I would have thought they'd see higher numbers instead. I am glad the original track exists, though, since it means we get awesome remixes like this one. :)

After finally playing Chrono Trigger a couple of years ago, I'm sort of surprised that Schala's Theme has become the remixing stand-by that it has, since it really didn't feature all that much in the original game. The tracks "Corridors of Time" and "Undersea Palace" were much more prominent in that part of the game, so I would have thought they'd see higher numbers instead. I am glad the original track exists, though, since it means we get awesome remixes like this one. :)

I would say that while the others are more prominent, Schala's theme is much more haunting and emotive. The fact that it does not take the center stage only ever adds to the appeal, making those times that you do hear it burn into your memories that much more.

As for the mix. If this were the last Schala mix ever, I would be satisfied. This is fantastic work, and I will have it on many a playlist for years to come.

I would say that while the others are more prominent, Schala's theme is much more haunting and emotive. The fact that it does not take the center stage only ever adds to the appeal, making those times that you do hear it burn into your memories that much more.

As for the mix. If this were the last Schala mix ever, I would be satisfied. This is fantastic work, and I will have it on many a playlist for years to come.

I'm sure that plays a factor, but I'm thinking, just like Ice Cap Zone, the reason may wind down to the fact that since the structure is really simple it's easy to arrange.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

I don't think I would grieve too much if this was the last Schala mix to ever happen. Sadly, I'm sure it's not.

This mix is a pretty peaceful yet sad take on the Schala source, which is a big difference in itself from most others. The acoustic guitar adds a nice touch in carrying across the mood. Drew's chippy stuff takes a backseat here, which isn't a bad thing, and makes sense here. Not a bad job by the Drew & Brandon show!

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR02253 - Chrono Trigger "The Last Schala Mix Ever"