Turntable.fm - OverClocked ReMix Room - Come and DJ!

WillRock

• 2 weeks later...
...and DarkeSword hijacked the first post. Stay classy, Shariq. :roll:

What's wrong with that? It's the official turntable room that we advertise on Facebook and Twitter, so I put it in the one turntable.fm thread on the forums, so that people know to go to the official one. It's not like I sneakily changed the URL Will put in his post. My edit is in bright red letters so people know it's me talking and not Will.

Stop getting pissy about it. Stop acting like it's some kind of fucking competition.

We want to use 'ocremix' because—and I've said this before on IRC like a million times already—all of our other external website presences (twitter, facebook, youtube) use the same thing: twitter.com/ocremix, facebook.com/ocremix, youtube.com/ocremix. It's easier for people to remember and go to if they can just type ocremix.

• 2 months later...

I'm probably preaching to the choir here, but all interested parties should bookmark both rooms. Overclocked_Remix tends to draw a smaller crowd, but more regulars, and to this point, at least, has been populated a bit more steadily. The music selections a bit broader, and especially when it dwindles down to just a couple DJs, there's great opportunity to get exposure to a really wide variety of material you'd never come across.

ocremix draws a bit bigger crowd (Facebook promotions work, errbody) and is a good place to randomize your OCPlaylist in a new way. Of course, this is place to be if you want to chat a bit with some of the site's superstars.

Both are great opportunities to meet some really cool people with a common interest. I've found the chat here typically to be a bit more conversational and less random than in IRC, and made a couple good friends. Also, they're a great place to get on stage and showcase your own work for some instant feedback.

Get over there!

yeah that is true Xarn, although recently the ocremix room has pretty much become the main room for both parties.

I check in alot during the after hours and it's pretty full of alot of regulars.

so pretty much when liontamer is Djing it's a large OCR based room and after that it's more like Overclocked Remix.

maybe the other room will come back during times of heavy traffic but for right now it's pretty much all ocremix.