"Atmospheric Haze" - Work in Progress

DjjD

i really dig this, dude! you should keep working on it for sure. the vibe is great and the sound choices are all coming together really nicely.

i hope you don't mind me asking, but how do you make that pad sound that enters at around 10 seconds in? i've never been able to make decent pads and i'd like to start working on it soon...

i really dig this, dude! you should keep working on it for sure. the vibe is great and the sound choices are all coming together really nicely.

i hope you don't mind me asking, but how do you make that pad sound that enters at around 10 seconds in? i've never been able to make decent pads and i'd like to start working on it soon...

hey, thanks man, glad you're liking it so far. Yeah, this song is definitely all about the pads, I've made sure to add a lot, just to fill the soundscape. Anyway, this song is like 75% Zebra2 and the pad is actually from patch called "Switched On" and basically what I did was just use a cutoff filter to kinda make it sound subdued, it just makes it feel like it's supposed to be in the background. If you could be more specific, I could help out further. But I really didn't do much to the preset. :P

Anyway, here's an update: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3253668/AH%20wip%20%233.mp3

ahh right on, i don't use flstudio so i dunno what that translates to in other synths, haha, but thanks anyway! i was wondering about which waveforms were being used and all that kinda stuff, but it's all good.

this is coming along really well. i love the atmosphere and the subtle changes and glitchy things going on. the drums are sounding way solid. really looking forward to hearing where this goes.

ahh right on, i don't use flstudio so i dunno what that translates to in other synths, haha, but thanks anyway! i was wondering about which waveforms were being used and all that kinda stuff, but it's all good.

this is coming along really well. i love the atmosphere and the subtle changes and glitchy things going on. the drums are sounding way solid. really looking forward to hearing where this goes.

Oh, yeah, see I had no idea what you wanted to know specifically, but as for the waveform of the pad that comes in around :10, it's a slightly curved triangle wave.

and the pad that comes in at 1:07 is a heavily modified square wave, it actually looks like: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3253668/Zebra%20Waveform%20%231.JPG

and it's mixed with a triangle wave.

and thanks Zach, gonna try to finish this up as soon as I can. :D

• 3 months later...