New acoustic duet cover of Super Mario World Castle by SuperGuitarBros on YouTube!!!

Aktulua

Well... Two weeks after Sam and I started our Youtube channel and uploaded our Gerudo Valley video (along with Duet of Ninjas), we finally finished recording our newest song. This time we did a medley from Super Mario World for the SNES - covering the castle theme, boss theme and victory theme. Although it was a lot of fun working on, this song was definitely the hardest of the three for us to learn and record and was a major pain in the ass. I'm glad it's finally finished and that you guys can come and listen to it and that we can now get to work on our next song.

Hope you like it! And if you do, please be sure to subscribe!!

SuperGuitarBros Channel

This should be in workshop. If you mean to submit this to OCR, I don't think this is interpretative enough.

We haven't decided yet whether we should submit our songs to OCR or not yet. I've always been hesitant to submit anything here because of the judging system. For now we are just trying to share our youtube channel with people. Either way I suppose it can go in here. Could you elaborate on what you mean by it not being interpretative enough please?

Thanks for the comments guys! I'm glad you like it. We are planning to eventually provide mp3s for all our songs soon.

I've always been hesitant to submit anything here because of the judging system. For now we are just trying to share our youtube channel with people. Either way I suppose it can go in here. Could you elaborate on what you mean by it not being interpretative enough please?

I understand what that's like, it is a daunting system, but when you get used to it, it isn't really that bad. You make music, you get critique on it, you work on it, then you submit it, work on a new remix, a few months later you'll get an email telling you what's up with your new remix. It's not as hostile as you may think, just... long.

As for not being interpretative enough, OCR standards basically want people to put their own spin on the remixes. For example, if you look at "Monstrous Turtles!" by Zircon, you'll hear tons of variations, solos, and original parts, as well as some structure changes. Medleys for medleys sake are also not considered kosher by OCR standards if you just put some sort of transition into the source but don't alter anything.

Regardless, I do think this is a really nice song.

Woah, woah, woah. I know Zircon's mix is awesome, but it's MUCH more prudent to direct these fine acoustic gentlemen to the following mix: Click Here.. That's "Vampire Spanker", by Danneman & Silverknekt. THIS is an amazing example of the interpretation the OCR community likes to hear in its acoustic songs. Not to mention, it's just an amazing song all-around; if you guys don't already have it in your comp, you should get it now.

I think you're both entirely capable of creating a duet along these lines, judging from what I've heard of you on YouTube; you're proficient enough players, and have the ear for it, certainly; I was waiting for this kind of interpretation when I heard the "Ryu's Determination" theme in your NG cover, and although your straight playing was, by all accounts, beautiful, it could have been so much more expressive if you had let yourselves really get into it.

So... let's hear it. Challenge set. ^_-

Woah, woah, woah. I know Zircon's mix is awesome, but it's MUCH more prudent to direct these fine acoustic gentlemen to the following mix: Click Here.. That's "Vampire Spanker", by Danneman & Silverknekt.

I was going for the "Monstrous Turtles!" angle because it's the same source at parts.

• 1 month later...

Well we FINALLY posted our new video!! I was gonna send you a PM JackKieser but it looks like you don't get those. Anyway here's the thread where you can find it.

http://ocremix.org/forums/showthread.php?t=36155

Could you do me a favor and make a post in the thread please? It doesn't seem to be getting any attention and I'm afraid it's already been buried beneath a pile of other threads.