Kyo's Theme

Hey guys just posting an original 8-bit style tune that I wrote with a friend. Supposed to be written for battle theme's in old school game music like Final Fantasy 7 and 8, Chrono Trigger, Golden Sun and that.

http://soundcloud.com/cperezmusic/kyos-theme

Would love to have some feedback, the Genre is a fusion between Electro/Metal/Rock/Jazz

Enjoy :)

Up til about 2:00, I honestly wasn't very entertained. The choir could use a longer attack and probably some more chorusing and/or reverb -- it sounded very dry. Anyway, there just weren't any strong hooks for the first 2:00. Maybe you could add some more melodic sections?

The downtempo part after 2:00 is gorgeous. Really, I love it! The piano that comes in around 2:00 sounds very robotic, so a little humanization might improve that fill. The kick around 3:25 has entirely too much sub to it for that relaxed of a section. The shift back into the intro section is done very well, as is the transition into the quick part. You could add an even more powerful element of "speed" to that part if you double-timed the drums, but obviously, that's up to you!

Overall, I really enjoyed it. In fact, I'll be listening to that downtempo part again right.. about... now... :grin:

And feel free to provide feedback on any of my mixes in the wip forum :)

Hey thanks for the feedback. Yeh, in all honestly, this was a collaboration with a mate at uni that we submitted for a folio assessment hehe. I haven't actually written for Metal or any Heavy music ever before so it's not my forte, so yeh, thanks for the feedback on that. The slow section is pretty much my influence in the track musically, even though I played in a majority of the synths for the heavy parts I usually write more ambient and mellow stuff when it comes to this type of music just so ya know haha :) . Thanks heaps and I'll be doing alot more original stuff cause I'm in holiday mode... I'd love to have a listen to your mixes on the WIP forum and will be doing so now... haha I'm pretty new so I'm not sure how to but I'll figure it out :)