POST TO ENTER! Meet Uematsu! Win VGM! (July 29th deadline!)

Liontamer

I was lucky enough to catch Distant Worlds in SD last year. It was amazing and I wanted to watch it all over again. so hearing its going to be in LA in Sept, I want to tak a chance at winning tickets.

IN IT TO WIN IT!!!!!

Uematsu has taken music to a whole new level, and helped prove that games are more than just beeps and blips on a screen, even for the SNES, you never forget the music years afterward. I have the Distant Worlds CDs and loved the concert in Baltimore a few years ago and wished I had heard of this years 2011 concert there in time to buy tickets and go again. I love Final Fantasy Distant worlds and I would love to win this contest! Meeting Nobuo Uematsu would be a great honor and the thrill of a lifetime!

You now, I am not one to participate in contest and I rarely ever even Like Facebook pages... but this is a worthy cause. And you know, makes me want to check if Yasunori Mitsuda and Akira Yamaoka have Facebook pages...

Nobuo Uematsu made the Final Fantasy series fun and exciting. Even when he could only work with 8-bit music, he made the soundtrack better than almost every other game soundtrack coming out today. He is truly one of my greatest inspirations as a musician.

Final Fantasy 6 was the first (and so far only) full-scale RPG I've beaten. And that without a strategy guide. I was living in Georgia at the time and had really not wanted to move there from North Carolina, so I spent a lot of time seeking out Espers and such. The story, the characters, and particularly the music have stayed with me ever since. Uematsu has created a series of classic scores.

Nobuo Uematsu inspired me to make music myself. Thanks to him, from an early age I taught myself how to read and write music, and then how to use various MIDI programs and instrument packs to bring it all to life.

I would love to meet the man responsible for these aspects of creativity in my life. ヽ(´▽`)/

I would love to meet the man behind the music. I'm in it to win it in Portland, OR. So; being on the West Coast, L.A. here I come!!!

Written on his wall 6 minutes ago...

I love how you helped Mitsuda-san with the CT music when he got that stomach ulcer! His music is awesome; and so is yours!!! You two should collaborate more often!!! Too bad there isn't any word on Chrono Break :-(.
My FB is http://www.facebook.com/dbrown1986 BTW...

Love you guys! I'm going to share this on Facebook!!!

nobuo changed the way i perceived the music in a video game. my first FF game was Mystic Quest. between storyline and soundtrack, hands down the best. after that was FFIII. my. heart. stopped. the moment i head Toki No Horousha (sp?) or Terra's Theme, i nearly wept. it's one of the most moving pieces i've ever heard.

yes, im posting here for the contest, but i'm also posting to support one of the best musical geniuses the world has been blessed with. thank you Nobuo!

Hi,

I guess I am posting to enter.

Before I had the internet, or really the ability to in any way, find any video game soundtracks... I used to record Nobuo Uematsu's music while playing Final Fantasy when I was young. I would spend hours replaying games I had already played numerous times, just to have a chance to record the music onto my tape player. I'd get to a point in the game where I knew new music would be introduced, and hit the record button, play the song 2 or 3 times (depending on how much I liked it, which was usually every song), and then I'd fade out with the volume. If the take wasn't perfect, I would reload my game and try again. When I finally had a tape ready, I would play it every night before bed on headphones and drift to sleep. I held these tapes with reverence for many years in a way that most of my peers could never understand. But I loved the music so much, and I am happier for experiencing it. Thanks for inspiring me with your music!