POST TO ENTER! Meet Uematsu! Win VGM! (July 29th deadline!)

Liontamer

I saw the email on this today and I knew I had to do something. Finals are kicking my ass right now, but I'm back!

I'm a huge fan of Uematsu-san and I would love to meet him in person! His music has changed my life and helped me show others how videogame music is just as good as or better than "normal" music.

I would like to enter to win this! I started composing because I loved Uematsu's music so much, and I study with Richard Danielpour at Manhattan School of Music now to become a professional orchestral composer like Uematsu! I hope I can meet him to tell him thank you in person, for inspiring me when I was 13 to pursue this career path.

http://www.kentomusic.com/

うえまつさんは本当にかこいです。ファイナルファンタジーとDistant Worldsの音楽のが大好き。 

okay I want to know if this guy is actually japanese or if he's a poser (like me!) since 1) Uematsu is in hiragana and not the kanji 植松, and 2) he used かこい (fence) where I believe he meant to use かっこういい (stylish, cool)

I'd question his use of katakana to say "Final Fantasy" as well, but that's not strictly an error

I could probably write a short novel about my love for Nobuo Uematsu's music. It has inspired me to compose music and make it my living. I even teach my students melodies and themes from Final Fantasy games. My progressive band Sioum is also inspired by Nobuo. I'm here to get this chance to meet him. Thank you for all the life changing music Nobuo Uematsu and thank you OCR for this opportunity!

Love him. He's awesome, when I first listened to his music I didn't think he wrote music for videogames (I didn't knew FF yet), and surely he gave to Final Fantasy that particular character that fascinated so many players from all the world. I'm IN!

He's so awesome. Last time at Distant Worlds II, he joined in the choir for the big finale of One Winged Angel. It was wonderful to see him stand there in his sandals with the rest of the choir singing "Estuans interius ira vehementi..."

Sign me up!

I would also like to enter in this contest, because I love me some OC ReMix! I also loves me some Nobuo Uematsu! This reminds me of the ReMix of the Chocobo theme with the robotic voice talking about how awesome Final Fantasy is, and how he buys the soundtrack to each game. Oh good times!

I've been a long time fan of Uematsu's work. I own many of the OSTs that he composed and I attended both the Dear Friends and More Friends concerts in Los Angeles when they premiered. The chance to actually meet him would be amazing. Consider me signed up!

While I don't usually "like" people or pages on Facebook, I figured this would be a good exception. Seeing as he's been a (if not THE) main contributor to a world that I enjoy and have shared with others, it'd be a wonderful surprise to win this.

Sign me up! (I've already liked his page...)

If it weren't for Nobuo Uematsu's oh-so-memorable tunes (which got me hooked ever since I first experienced FF4 awesome Prologue), I may never have got into video game music... And my current CD collection (200+) would be more than twice smaller ^^

Nobou Uematsu is still one of my favorite composers. Bach, Beethoven, John Williams...none of them can compare to the variety and magic that Uematsu-sama can create for each and every game he's ever done.

I would love to go and meet Uematsu-sama in person. So sign me up and I'm going to cross everything I can cross in hopes of winning.