POST TO ENTER! Meet Uematsu! Win VGM! (July 29th deadline!)

Liontamer

I liked the page, I totally hope I can meet Uematsu, I'm gonna be a Music Major and hopefully study in Tokyo so if I could meet him, that would be so amazing. I love his music and even my own writing is inspired by it and I grew up with his music. It made my cry, it made me laugh, and it made me happy, and it gave me chills. His music is one of the main reasons I started to play Final Fantasy.

Nobuo Uematsu is a pure genius, and we were lucky he spent most oh his carreer writing masterpieces for our favorite games, and leaving a legacy of great japanese composers (some of them having worked with him in the past). I assisted to a Videogames Live concert, where they played a few pieces (they also had a video of Uematsu sama talking a bit about game music), but I want to see the man doing his job!

Ahhh... after over 3 long years, I'll finally get a chance to see Distant Worlds again! I bought tickets to the March 2008 Chicago show, but was unable to go due to last minute complications. HORRIBLE! The music that brought so much joy and emotion in my life, from my favorite composer! I look forward to being able to finally experience it in person!

If this isn't worth me dusting off my account to post, I don't know what is. This is awesome guys :)

Oh, but yea, Uematsu's music and collaborations are undoubtedly some of the best examples of how music in videogames can be as powerful as the music in any other medium.

I was fortunate enough to make it to the Atlanta show.. Spent most of it in tears.. lol Happy tears of course. ^_^ I don't care how small a chance, I just couldn't pass up entering.. The VIP tickets were sold out before I was able to buy them so I didn't get to meet him.. T_T It was still wonderful.. Thank you for all the beautiful music, my kids go to sleep to it every night! Thank you! ♥

Been a fan of Uematsu ever since I first played a FF game. (oddly enough, my first FF was X, but Uematsu wrote "To Zanarkand" so it's still relevant.) Unrelated note: My OCRemix playlist is just about to hit the 5 hour mark.