POST TO ENTER! Meet Uematsu! Win VGM! (July 29th deadline!)

Liontamer

Glad to see he came back to Final Fantasy with XIV. Now if he could just motivate those programmers to make a decent game :) FF7 was the first FF I owned myself and to date I have beaten it 15 times! Imagine, if I added up all that time that's 75+/-(15)=1125+/- hours I could have put into my music! That's 187 days of practicing 6 hours a day! I wonder how depressed I'd be if I knew that!

Send me to meet him! I'm Japanese literate!

-gar

I posted on Uematsu-san's Facebook page as soon as I saw this was up, but I've been exceptionally slow trying to get back on these boards. Honestly, I don't care if I win, just so long as Uematsu-san knows we're here and appreciate all that he has accomplished for videogame music! Although I certainly wouldn't mind winning... ^_^

First of all, I'm in.

I'm planning to go to London on 5th November. I think, they should come more often to Europe but that's just my personal opinion. Nobuo Uematsu had a great influence on me and his work (for example Theme of Love) was one of the reasons why I started to learn playing on the violin at the age of 22 (I finished my 2nd year in the local musical school). Still don't know if it was a good decision or bad but I enjoyed every moment, despite my clumsiness. So, long story short, I'm in and I'm looking forward to 29th July.

My regards,

Zsolt Dávid

(Geryon)

thanks for fixing my problem of thread posting, OC!! <3

anyway, probably sounding like a broken record, but it would be amazing to meet this video game composer genius! i loved his work since i first played FFIX!

I had been thinking of registering on this forum for a bit now, but this opportunity more than decided it for me. Seeing Dear Friends in Chicago years ago is one the greatest experiences i've ever had the chance to enjoy and Uematsu has radically shaped my taste and understanding of music in the years before and since.

In short, this is awesome.

I loved the concert of Dear Friends I went to in Atlanta symphonic hall I'll never forget it and everytime I hear the instrumentals it brings me back to that awesome trip I drove 8 hours to get there and had to drive back imediately after to get back to work late that night. I only wish to attend a concert out in Japan one day which would be even more amazing...

I definitely share Uematsu's passion for composing wonderful video game music. I recently joined Youtube and put out a song that I made with Final Fantasy and Uematsu in mind (it is called "Original Battle Music - Violin Electronica"), and I am currently working on one right now that I specifically made for him, hoping that one day I could donate it to his general music or to a Final Fantasy project. I would love to see how he would change/use it in the video game world. You are a hero, Nobuo Uematsu, and you are living a magical dream! I don't know which would be better: meeting him or working with him from afar. Either way, I'll take any chance I get because he has greatly influenced my passion for battle music in particular and I would not be where I am already today without him or his team. Also, thank you OverClocked and Distant Worlds for even allowing us this chance to interact with such a man.

Even if I won, I couldn't meet him :( Long story... But thank you so much Uematsu for your music in the Final Fantasy games, and the nostalgia the songs bring whenever I play the old games again!

(just came back to correct something) just in case, please enter me, even if I'm not allowed to go I know someone who'd love to (I'm hoping you can give the tickets to a friend, not that I would want to, but I would have to)