"Divine Retribution" - an original song inspired by Middle-Eastern music.

Hey everyone! This is my new original song, "Divine Retribution." It's influenced by Middle Eastern music, and the lyrics are inspired by the war in Iraq. I wrote, sang, arranged, and performed all the parts (vocals, harp, dulcimer, piano, tambourine), and my husband did the djembe, rainstick, and additional tambourine. Feedback and/or constructive critique of any kind is welcome and appreciated! I'd love to hear what you all think. You can hear it at the Youtube link below. I hope you like it, and thanks!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h0jowDFTuf8

Edit: This song, along with two others, will be going onto a three-song EP I'm releasing sometime late this summer. I'll probably post the next song I finish for it within the next few weeks!

Thanks a lot! I had fun doing the harmonies. I don't know how I did it (probably thanks to Cuban coffee), but I recorded ALL the vocals in the space of a few hours. I wish I could always be that productive, haha. I may just cover "The Islander" one day; Nightwish is such a great band.

And since this thread only has one reply so far, I'll stress that I would love some more feedback from the OCRemix community!

Oh, my... Such a profusion of beauty! LoOoOoOove it! :mrgreen:

That's a very catchy harmony. Those chords remind me a bit of Hava Nagila, but they do have their own special character to it, and it's soOoOoOo eastern. Your voice adds to it like sandy graceful wind. Also, <3 that harp *_*

The low frequencies of this sound a bit hot for me, but I think it's such a lil' detail for such an awesome track!

Oh, my... Such a profusion of beauty! LoOoOoOove it! :mrgreen:

That's a very catchy harmony. Those chords remind me a bit of Hava Nagila, but they do have their own special character to it, and it's soOoOoOo eastern. Your voice adds to it like sandy graceful wind. Also, <3 that harp *_*

The low frequencies of this sound a bit hot for me, but I think it's such a lil' detail for such an awesome track!

Thank you so much! How interesting that you were reminded of Hava Nagila - both songs are in the Phrygian dominant scale, so it makes sense. Jewish/Hebrew folk music is really cool. World music in general is just awesome!

I can see where you're coming from about the hot low frequencies. I blame the inconsistency between all my monitoring devices, haha. I'll probably try and fix that before I put it on the EP I'm releasing soon.

wow I loved this! I really love eastern music and you captured that dynamic so perfectly, from your voice to everything else! Amazing job!

Thanks! I really, really appreciate the feedback. I'm glad I accomplished what I set out to do with this song. :D