Symphonic remix- zelda-nes ~dongeon theme~

Ambitus

I like it! The beginning on the xylophone, kind of reminds me of the Stalfos in the first dungeon, just kinda meandering around... I wonder if this is what they play while they're waiting for link?

It brought back some nostalgia, as this is how I remember the theme, kinda quiet and ambient. The symphonic sound definitely adds to the creepy factor. My only complaint is that I wish there was more!

yeah this is pretty cool.

The main thing that irritated me was the backing - admittedly you mixed things up with huge arpeggios on piano/harp/xylo in different places but for the main chunk of the piece choirs/strings/everything else was mainly singing for a bar then singing again or singing on every 1/4 beat. I think it would be effective if for one section you mix up the rhythm for example have them just sing on the first beat leaving the rest blank.

So yeah, the quite static choir/strings backing was my main issue - but i was looking pretty hard for things to complain about.

Make this longer please!

Thanks for your comment !

and I'm sorry for the mistake...I'm french and it was late and I mixed up with the French word "donjon"...hrum :oops:

I agree with you Calum, it's a little bit repetitive some times, it's not always easy to stand back from what we do...

I'm always afraid to do anything too long and boring to the listener...That's why it's short. but I'm glad you don't think that :)

I like what you did with the harmonies! It starts out mysterious and then gets more romantic and melancholy. Just a touch of dissonance, but not too much. Very nice.

The low frequencies seem a little empty for most of the mix. They're there, but not quite enough I think. If you fill those out with some plucked and bowed bass/cello samples, especially ones with moving countermelodies, that might also make the backing more interesting as Calum suggests.

This is great! :)

I agree with the others, but I'd like to add that I'd love to hear some tempo variations in there. I think a more Rubato feel would be great for this kind of piece.

I also think that varying the velocities of the notes could help make this sounds even better (especially for the xylophone, which sounds pretty mechanical)

I really like it, though. Great work, man! Keep it up! :-D