Legend of Mana Remix Project - Up and Running Once Again!

The Wind Sings of a Journey is re-opened. Also there are a few people who have not returned my PMs about the missed deadline, so unfortunately I've had to reopen their tracks as well.

All currently open tracks are below:

The Wind Sings of a Journey

Memory of Running

Calmly Travelling

To The Sea

If any of you still want to participate (which I would love), please post here or PM me and I'll close your respective track again, but in the meantime if there's anyone else who is interested, please let me know as well.

Thanks,

Kuolema

I have great hair.

Need pics as proof. Glad to hear the track is coming along though :).

Edit: Accidentally Listed Wanderer's Path as re-opened the first time around. Sorry jane, my mistake :oops:.

Edited by Kuolema

Man, this preview has got me pumped to make my song for the album. Especially Natalya Zarraga's song I really, really enjoyed. You should point me towards the private... forum? or zip file or whatever where I could hear more of that. :-D

As for when I can make it..... sigh.... It's definitely looking like it might be as late as May. :cry: We'll see how things go, and life has a way of working out.. sometimes.

Edit: Did I ever say what genre I was going to do for this? For the longest time I thought it would be acoustic but for some reason the source is striking me as metal-ish now... hmph... want to do acoustic though.

Edit: Did I ever say what genre I was going to do for this? For the longest time I thought it would be acoustic but for some reason the source is striking me as metal-ish now... hmph... want to do acoustic though.

Go towards the darkness, friend.

Sounding great. Oh my goodness I'm such an outlier, though. Damn kids with their drugs and their metal and their more drugs.

Lol, well every project needs some metal right?

Man, this preview has got me pumped to make my song for the album. Especially Natalya Zarraga's song I really, really enjoyed. You should point me towards the private... forum? or zip file or whatever where I could hear more of that. :-D

As for when I can make it..... sigh.... It's definitely looking like it might be as late as May. :cry: We'll see how things go, and life has a way of working out.. sometimes.

I did set up a project forum when this thing first got started, but it didn't get used and I think I lost my login information for it (oops!). If people are interested I can set up another one though.

I don't think you mentioned a genre, but I can totally see that source going in either direction. At any rate, May should be fine :).

• 2 weeks later...

Oh LAWDY is my track dated! I know I keep saying it, but I seriously will try to revisit my track before the final deadline, just SO much other shit going on, keep badgering me man!

EDIT: Holy. Shit. I opened my project file. It is disastrous. It will not be an easy or quick fix. But hopefully I'll still be able to do it

DOUBLEDIT: If you haven't already, your inbox Kougar. Sending an update; it's FAR from where I want it to be, but it's certainly coming along. Wow, a side by side comparison was like, holy shit. Night and day, so apparently I'm doing something right.

Edited by Phonetic Hero

Listened to PH's new WIP. It's sounding fantastic!

Just a reminder that the following songs still need to be claimed. I'd really like to start wrapping this up, so anyone who's interested please speak up!

The Wind Sings of a Journey

To The Sea

Also, for anyone who's missed it, here's the preview :).

Edited by Kuolema

Cool preview guys! I'm not familiar with the original game, but the music sounds pretty sweet!

Oh LAWDY is my track dated! I know I keep saying it, but I seriously will try to revisit my track before the final deadline, just SO much other shit going on, keep badgering me man!

Oh my oh my you are right :) Your WIP in the video sounds pretty awesome (great melody), but yeah it does sound really dated compared to what I know you can make these days!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Alright, tracks are pretty much claimed. One or two might open up again, but let's assume for now that they're all claimed.

So. Mixes. I need them. Does end of August sound reasonable for finished arrangements? That doesn't mean that the tracks themselves have to be 100% complete, but the backbone and at least some of the mixing/recording/etc. should be done. Several people are already at or past this stage, so if you could work on making any final changes, mixing and getting feedback from workshop mods (or other people) that would be great.

If there are any conflicts let me know, but end of August is what I'm aiming for.

On another note, what do you guys think about me wrapping up all the current WIPs and sticking them in a zip file to send to all the contributors? I know a lot of projects do that and I think it would be a good way for contributors to get some feedback from others.

Thanks for reading,

Kuolema

• 3 months later...

Oh man...I'm really sorry for ignoring everyone this past month. I feel really bad, but I just haven't had the energy to deal with project stuff lately. I will be in touch as soon as I feel up to it; hopefully sooner than later.

That being said, thanks to everyone who's submitted WIPs or contacted me. It's good to hear from all of you.

I guess I should put in the obligatory mention that there are a couple of open tracks. As always, PM me if you're interested in claiming one of them.

• 1 month later...

Hey everyone,

I told myself that I wouldn't do this ever since I started this project, so this is very difficult to do. However, as much as I regret to say it, I'm going to have to step down from directing this project.

When I started this thing I knew it wasn't going to be easy, but what I wasn't prepared for was the constant hanging-over-my-head that would go with it; It was always this thing in the back of my mind and it really did stress me out. For the last couple of months I've put the project completely out of my head, telling myself that I would get back to it in a week. Or two. Or three. Obviously that never happened and I've got to say – I'm considerably less stressed now. I honestly did expect to get back to it after a little while, but at this point I really don't feel that I can.

I am extremely sorry and this is very hard for me to do. Legend of Mana is my favorite game and I certainly think it deserves an album like this. I want everyone who has contributed to know that I am extremely grateful for all the work you've done. I've heard some seriously good music from you guys!

I'm extra sorry for anyone who I didn't get back to after sending me a WIP over the last few months. It was really unfair of me not to respond. Again it was the “I'll do it tomorrow. Or the next day” thing that just never happened. It certainly wasn't because I didn't like the tracks though ;).

Now. I guess there are a couple of options, really.

#1 would be for someone else to step up and take over from me. My only reservation with this is that it's already been 2.5 years since it all started and I have a feeling that if someone were to continue it, it would take at least another 2 to get released. This person would still have to recruit new mixers, wait for mixes to be submitted, get album artwork, submit to OCR for approval and then wait for probably some time. Not the most attractive option anymore if you ask me, however if someone wants to do this and thinks they can handle it, I would be prepared to pass the torch over.

#2 would be to release what we've got. Maybe give everyone a couple of months to finish/polish up their stuff and then release it as a non – OCR album. I would be okay with directing this, however the cut-off date would be final and I would not accept any mixes after said date. I would also not be recruiting new mixers to fill the remaining spots; It would literally just be whatever was submitted by the cut-off date.

#3 would be for each artist to release their tracks separately or abandon them as they see fit. I am sure that a lot of these tracks could get on OCR if they were submitted (maybe after a little bit of polish in some cases), so I would definitely encourage everyone to do that(please, please, please. This stuff deserves to be heard).

So. Remixers, let me know which of the above options suits you best and I'll try to make it happen. I'm leaning towards #2 myself, but obviously we won't do that unless you guys want to.

Finally, I really want to say thanks again to everyone who supported this project, especially those who joined because I asked them to. I know a lot of you haven't played Legend of Mana and I think it's incredibly awesome that you were willing to contribute. Again, I'm really sorry that this isn't going to pan out the way I had originally planned.

Duuuude so sad to hear that. I remember sending you my very first private message, asking about this project. I've been keeping an eye on this ever since... You had an interesting album concept&roster, I was excited to hear the stuff. It's just too bad that there's so much stuff going on and so little time, I would've loved to be a part of this also someday. Actually right now. This is so wrong... Do I have to step up..

What are you going to do now, Kuolema? Surely you're not gonna disappear or anything? :/

Edited by RiverSound