OCR00531 - Final Fantasy "Trancelude"

orkybash

Final Fantasy 'Trancelude'

Nice ambiance set up with those pads in the beginning which, fortunately, FFmusic Dj carries out throughout the whole piece off and on - too often people build up ambiance then just drop it later on. However, this is far from my favorite FFmusic Dj piece, for two reasons. First off, the voice sample is overused (Haroon, work on this! It's a flaw I've noticed in most of your songs). Plus, the prelude isn't really there - all we hear is the scales going up and down, none of the oh-so-familiar chord changes. Not even tweaked a little to make it a minor key or something. Just the same arpeggio over and over. Fortunately, we get enough variation in the song to keep it from becoming a complete bore. And then there's the fact that, if you make a prelude mix, make sure it's outstanding, cause you've got about 598343954835 other remixes of the same song competing with you. Recommended for trance fans, but not many others.

• 2 months later...

without looking at it as a well remixed song, the build up is nice, the beginning is interesting, and the beat keeps you going for a while. The cool trance sounds and the interesting melodies that you came up with off of the simple prelude makes me happy. Although this isn't the best that I've heard, I still recommend it as a download. 8/10

• 8 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I think it is an excellent piece. the voice clip has been used in other songs, but it fits well. I agree that the prelude melody should have a bit more change in pitch, but I'm not remixing it so I should just shut up. By the way, I know it's too big, but DjPretzel should let Haroon Post his Falling Star Remix, it is God-Like. Please...

• 1 year later...

The prelude goes TRANCE! It has already have actually, but this is the first time I say it.

A good one, has the standard stuffings. Some nice beats, trancish synths with some strings/another synth in the background with a climax at the end and with a voice repeting some times. Bad? NOOOOoooo.........ooooOOOO!

Another mix from an another dj. OHYEAH!

• 1 year later...

Though well produced, with good sounding synths, this is way too repetative for my taste. The main draw for the original is lost, as the chord progression is what made the song for me, and here it is absent.

I have a hard time "grooving to the music" when the music itself is so watered down.

Sorry, I don't like this at all. :(

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

The ambient pads in the intro were interesting, albeit generic, and 3:20 sounded pretty cool. The rest of the song felt really flat and completely cookie-cutter. It's nice seeing how FFmusic Dj has been able to refine his craft over the years and create this same style of basic trance, but make it sound sooo much better in terms of production and arrangement.

• 1 month later...

Pretty standard-sounding early ocr trance. Can't really say I'm a fan of the beat here: elements like the cymbal and especially the clap are very dry. Lots of original material here as well, with the only link to the original I'm hearing being the occasional arpeggio from the original. Sorry, just not much more to say here :/. Could've been quite a bit shorter than 5:42 without losing any of the ideas.

• 2 years later...

I remember liking this when I started looking around OCR's library for the first time. So I guess by reviewing it it's taking me back somewhat.

The feel for this one kind of reminded me of DJ Tiesto's early noughties works ("Suburban Train" apparently comes to mind here), and the beats managed to appropriately fit that more laid back groove going on. There does seem to be some sour note clashing in parts namely to the loops of choice in the background, but generally this is one that I felt the production managed to stand itself up for well over time, even down to the levels of the chosen instrumentation.

Albeit, in regards to arrangement - aside from the familiar arpeggio that everyone knows and love, it takes a lot of liberalities with the source material. Given the minimalist scope of the source material it may be expected, but for those looking for more familiarity with the prelude it's probably not going to be found much here.

To this day I still dig it now; probably not as much as I did when I first started out, mind, but FFMusicDj's early works could still be cited as part of an influence of me as a rebellious teenager. :razz: Hopefully he'll come back soon with new arrangements up his sleeve; it's been too long!

• 3 years later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to OCR00531 - Final Fantasy "Trancelude"