Are Obsidian making a new Chrono Trigger?

lazygecko

He wasn't talking about New Game+ but about games where you're forced to make choices that 'lock off' some of the other content in the game; for example Act 2 in Witcher 2 is completely different depending on the choices you make in Act 1 (Not just dialogue but actually a completely different base town with different quests)

that makes more sense. excellent example. the new Tactics Ogre is similar to that.

For everyone praising Fallout NV... that game was rubbish. It crashed twice on the PS3 and I sent it back. :| Didn't have an issue that extreme with Fallout 3

Oh DEAR oh NO the game crashed! For Brandon! THIS INVALIDATES EVERYTHING OBSIDIAN HAS EVER DONE.

AND IT ALSO MEANS THAT BETHESDA'S GAMES ARE NOT SOUL-CRUSHINGLY BORING DROSS.

APPARENTLY.

People were mentioning how buggy Obsidian games were. :| So I did too.

Alpha Protocol may have been fun, but the action was so slow that you and your enemy basically just walked awkward flailing circles around each other, and neither of you could shoot each other... I actually laughed out loud at it before I sent it back. :|

*cough*retrostudios*cough*

Can you provide an example?

Yeah this is bad news if it was event rue. The Chrono Trigger team has split up long ago, some of them worked on the XenoSaga series, which is hit or miss, and some of them reassembled at Mistwalker for Blue Dragon that didn't turn out great.

Also CT series = Very much japanese style RPGs.

Obisdian's games = Very much western style RPGs.

How would that even work?

Not looking forward to anything from a developer with a history of making subpar games either.

As much as I'd like some more Chrono games, at this point its looking like its going to be just shuffled off for licencing and not a through out sequel to the franchise.

DKCR salvaged the franchise after mediocre games like DK64, Donkey Konga, etc.

Perhaps a bit more subjective, but the Metroid Prime trilogy was at least on par with Super Metroid and definitely did show that a team 'from a different nation' can handle a Japanese franchise. And it's not exactly like Japan did an amazing job when they got the series back.

Define 'subpar' games.

Well, you have a point that they've done far better at emulating/making fun games then the parent companies that own the licenses today (the teams that made the games are gone)

Improvements over the classics is a bit of a stretch though.

Please dont have Team Ninja do anything, ever again, with a license they didn't create themselves lol

Define 'subpar' games.

apart from it being buggy i definitely felt that kotor 2 was lacking in terms of quality in the content that was there. i don't know if it's subpar in comparison to a lot of the other shitty games that get released every year, but it was subpar in comparison to the first kotor, which i think is relevant considering we're talking about them making a sequel to an established franchise.

i haven't played any of their other games though so that could be an isolated experience

Please dont have Team Ninja do anything, ever again, with a license they didn't create themselves lol

From a technical standpoint Other M did just fine, barring the rather shoddy FPS segments. Could have used another month or two of polish and working out all the kinks.

We know where to put the blame on Other M being a terrible game, and it isn't with Team Ninja.