Tomb Raider

AngelCityOutlaw

Odd coincidence that this thread should appear just as I dusted off Tomb Raider 3 for the first time in years.

As long as they bring back the Mansion free roam-ish mode, I'm in. Surely as a reboot they're trying to recapture the best aspects of the classic TRs (granted, whilst also modernising it), and the most satisfying Tomb Raider moment was undisputedly locking a strange, groaning man in a freezer by backflipping over his head. Amirite?

Seriously though, the mansion part was always my favourite. It's a shame they removed it in the later games.

Odd coincidence that this thread should appear just as I dusted off Tomb Raider 3 for the first time in years.

As long as they bring back the Mansion free roam-ish mode, I'm in. Surely as a reboot they're trying to recapture the best aspects of the classic TRs (granted, whilst also modernising it), and the most satisfying Tomb Raider moment was undisputedly locking a strange, groaning man in a freezer by backflipping over his head. Amirite?

Seriously though, the mansion part was always my favourite. It's a shame they removed it in the later games.

I saw that E3 trailer just as I was dusting off TR 2 lol

I don't know, the mansion was cool yeah....but it didn't really add anything to the game itself. If I recall correctly, it was more just a tutorial/training ground. Since this is supposed to be Lara's first adventure and she gets ship-wrecked, I just have my doubts about the mansion free-roam making an appearance.

The only thing I hated about the original PS1 games, was that the most difficult aspect of the game was controlling Lara.

I guess I can live without the mansion.

Yeah the mansion seems like it would be absent in this game. Considering in the games where she has the mansion, its full of trinkets and stuff that she has collected over the years. This being her first adventure, I doubt she would have the fortune built up to afford a mansion.

Free roam condo maybe?

Yeah but screw lockin' Winston in the freezer.

GRENADE LAUNCHER HIS ASS

• 2 weeks later...