OCR02386 - *YES* Final Fantasy 8 'Of Dreams and Time'

DragonAvenger

• 1 month later...

The mixing is a little rhythm guitar heavy and scooped, with the leads somewhat buried, but the arrangement works pretty well, with good transitions, and some exciting new material. Transitions are solid, and the drums are good enough with some variations and little flourishes. The weakest part is the ending, which feels pretty weak. I guess a fade sortof works, but I think a more composed ending would have been more satisfying.

Overall it works though.

Yes

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hah, I totally remember that conversation. Neko was looking for a someone to play some super-fast lead bits (that I couldn't do either) and by lols I had an incomplete remix of the same thing. They were so similar in some aspects (the breakdown in particular) but so different at the same time.

Not really much to add to the other votes. Definitely above bar but the ending is a little disappointing.

YES

• 4 weeks later...

For being mixed on a pair of 5 dollar headphones, this is not bad at all. The arrangement and performance is extremely solid as I've come to expect, although I am hearing some sloppiness with the clean guitar/synth/bass about 3/4ths through the song. Despite some issues with the lead being a bit buried, it's not nearly enough to swing this vote in the negative direction. I really like what I'm hearing here :-) The ending is weaksauce, I'd like to have heard a much more drawn out fadeout with some soloing going on if that's the direction you wanted to take it, but meh. It's not a dealbreaker.

YES