OCR02256 - Pokémon Diamond Version "May I Have This Swords Dance?"

djpretzel

Not being very helpful as far as reviewing goes... didn't hear the track yet... but Proto what the HELL is up with your song titling?

Its fucking awesome is whats up with it. Mix is great too, my personal favorite from the album, personally I'd have floodposted this one rather than Home Is Where the Luvdisc Is. Yeah its that good :D

Its fucking awesome is whats up with it. Mix is great too, my personal favorite from the album, personally I'd have floodposted this one rather than Home Is Where the Luvdisc Is. Yeah its that good :D

Yeah! This title is amazing XD

I'm just gonna piggyback on top of what Will and halc said (because they're gonna BUST ME UP if I don't agree with them) and say that this should have gotten a floodpost, it's by far Proto's best mix from the project and it's probably my all-time favorite Pokemon mix and my favorite Proto mix. SO MUCH LOVE FOR THIS TRACK <3

No lie, definitely my favorite song on the album. This is an amazing source tune, and the sax playing gives this thing more love than I could have imagined. I can just imagine two pokemon in Sepia tone, dancing the night away to an old record player. Great production and attention to detail, smooth flow and a spectacular arrangement supported by a superb lead performance.

Great work, man.

• 5 months later...

No, you may not have this Swords Dance so don't even think about it! I get the image of a relatively lighthearted scene with a slow dance. The mix starts off a bit strangely, but when the sax hits, the song rolls like butter. There is a bit of chippiness used in the background for a nice touch as well. The song gets a little strange in the second half as well. All in all, solid stuff from Blake, and even the strange bits add a nice touch to the song.

• 10 months later...
It's electron-infused Kenny G.

I really don't think anything else needs to be said, cause that kinda describes this ReMix perfectly. Wonderful sax and light melody. A little short, but I think that's part of the charm. Also, great track title. Pokemon themes are fun to mess with for titles.

• 3 years later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to OCR02256 - Pokémon Diamond Version "May I Have This Swords Dance?"