OCR02257 - Mega Man 8 "Above the Clouds"

djpretzel

Another song I had the pleasure of hearing some bit ago! Jewb, you've been an astute student learning from your mentors, and those combined flavors show with a little spice added from your own. This is a fully-fleshed soundscape with some really cool melody arp bits. I agree, this source tune does need some more love, and you've given it plenty of justice here.

Keep up the good stuff.

My son! You are far too kind to make a remix for me. I hope this inspires people to remix more from MM8! Please! :) The sound design and production is superior. This mother goose is a proud one. :nicework:

True! and if they remix this "lost" song it would be wonderful!

"Lost"= song only found in the saturn version of the game. ;)

BTW, Awesome remix Jewbei!

True! and if they remix this "lost" song it would be wonderful!

"Lost"= song only found in the saturn version of the game. ;)

BTW, Awesome remix Jewbei!

Wow I really like that track it has tons of potential! Hmmmm once I finish upgrading my studio ima def give it a shot. I also have a wip of the title theme on my tindeck page.. but I my scrap it don't like the feel of it.

This is a very smooth rendition. Trance tends to run the gamut as far as my personal tastes and tolerances go. Momentum runs strong in this piece, but the breath, as though a leap off something very tall just happened sells it to me. As more of a graphics artist, I can see a Mega Man run n' gun sequence to this, followed by a leap at 1:22 where all the noise of the world vanishes for several seconds as we enter into an epic free fall, then with the landing at 2:02... it's very cinematic in that regard.

Interestingly, this is only the second piece on OCR that provokes very strong and definitive imagery with me. Most of the pieces on here inspire images and sequences, but usually more of an implication of such rather than such a clear visualization. Nicely done.

Wow I really like that track it has tons of potential! Hmmmm once I finish upgrading my studio ima def give it a shot. I also have a wip of the title theme on my tindeck page.. but I my scrap it don't like the feel of it.

you dont imagine how happy those words made me!!!

EpicWin.png&sa=X&ei=IGIDTpTPHubs0gGJ7sjsDQ&ved=0CAQQ8wc4Dg&usg=AFQjCNGpYUeEEFBNf9mVJLT0MparVihTMw

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
As more of a graphics artist, I can see a Mega Man run n' gun sequence to this, followed by a leap at 1:22 where all the noise of the world vanishes for several seconds as we enter into an epic free fall, then with the landing at 2:02... it's very cinematic in that regard.

Interesting; I can definitely see that.

Reminds me of some of blind's stuff, in particular G-Storm or the F-Zero Megamix, and that is always a good sign.

At times, the main synth is a tiny bit too piercing for me, though. Would've liked it a little quieter.

• 4 months later...
  • 10 months later...

Solid beat-filled trance, now this is a treat! I love the break about a minute and a half in where the trance just vanishes and that sorta ambiant melody takes over. Such a fantastic conrast to the rest of the song and perfect for a break before going back to the beat. Glad to hear some great ReMixes for MM8. Nice work Jewbei!

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR02257 - Mega Man 8 "Above the Clouds"