The Stalwart Deserter (chiptuney-ish)

Modus

Reminds me of Cyan at first for no particular reason at all. AND I HATED CYAN. But no, I enjoyed the first minute, it just wasn't as good as the rest. It was a little derivative til the shift in direction at about 1:00 which was welcome, and the piece got very cool from then on.

Drake is a loose cannon man with nothing to lose, so says the 80s crime drama bassline. Awesome.

The bass is a cool combo of chippy and modern. Very fitting.

I love the pulse lead at about 1:20. No complaints there at all.

Good work. Catchy. Crush those bits, and this could be in a SNES game for sure.

NES chords are very tastefully used here. By the way how did you make the NES chords? Just sequenced by hand? I've been looking for every different way to do it I can...

I've got a budding 9bit piece of my own posted at the moment, so... y'know... :D

By the way, hello. It's been like... 9 months?

Reminds me of Cyan at first for no particular reason at all. AND I HATED CYAN. But no, I enjoyed the first minute, it just wasn't as good as the rest. It was a little derivative til the shift in direction at about 1:00 which was welcome, and the piece got very cool from then on.

Drake is a loose cannon man with nothing to lose, so says the 80s crime drama bassline. Awesome.

The bass is a cool combo of chippy and modern. Very fitting.

I love the pulse lead at about 1:20. No complaints there at all.

Good work. Catchy. Crush those bits, and this could be in a SNES game for sure.

NES chords are very tastefully used here. By the way how did you make the NES chords? Just sequenced by hand? I've been looking for every different way to do it I can...

I've got a budding 9bit piece of my own posted at the moment, so... y'know... :D

By the way, hello. It's been like... 9 months?

6 months! And why? Because I have a folder of roughly 10 WIPs... just haven't been happy with anything I've made until this.

Yeah, just sequenced by hand...

So I've still got Alex, Bri, and myself to do since I'm theme-ing all my siblings. Next up is Alex, The Architect's Apprentice methinks. BTW, share your 9-bit track with me when it's done :]