Bio Hazard Battle

Red.

Bio Hazard Battle(called 'Crying' in Japan) is a game made a while ago in 1992 for the Sega Mega Drive. I played it a lot in my childhood, and it's one of my favorite titles and also one of the games with my favorite game music.

It's a side-scrolling shooter, and to describe it in one word would be 'creepy'. The game's backstory is about a far planet where, after multiple Bio-Hazard Wars, the planet became completely polluted, and the last surviving humans inhabiting the planet took shelter in a space station. Now, quite some time later, you have to travel out to the surface with your so-called 'bio-ship' to see if the world is ready to be rehabilitated by humans, encountering strange mutated creatures everywhere.

The music is very... non-standard for a Mega Drive game. I don't know how to describe it really,(exept the word creepy or dark does come in mind for the music as well :razz:) but the 8 tracks of the game can be found on YouTube.

Title Menu:

Stage 1 & 8:

Stage 2 & 6:

Stage 3:

Stage 4:

Stage 5:

Stage 7:

Boss Theme:

So... Maybe, if somebody has time and would like to give this a go, then that would be amazing :-D.

I'd love to hear your toughts, even if you don't want to remix it ;).

~Red.

• 1 month later...

This is pretty cool music. Time for a trip to Zophar's :)!!

If anyone can find MIDIs for Stage 4 and / or Stage 7, I'll gladly give it a shot. The usual spots I check have turned up empty >_>

EDIT: 1). I found out this game is available on Steam, so I absolutely have to get it now. 2). Those two songs sound REALLY cool so I might just rip the soundtracks and convert them to MIDI myself. If someone else wants the MIDIs, PM me.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Ok, these are REEEEEEALLY crappy midi's, but you can thank Gens for that (and my lack of desire to modify a midi file).

MIDI rips:

Stage 4

Stage 7

Seriously, I haven't even opened these up in FL Studio yet and I can already tell the default instrument mapping is way off. However, they should be enough for anyone (like myself!) interested in working with these songs.