Anglers Among Us - DKC3 Waterworld + DKC2 Lockjaw's Locker WIP Updated 7/3

Hello, OC Remix!

I bought a music program yesterday and, to learn the ropes, I started a remix of Water World. It's not complete and cuts off in the middle. Hopefully it leaves you wanting more.

Now, this is my first remix ever so I don't expect to get on the site with this. I'm hoping for some pointers, impressions, and also motivation to finish it (I'm really bad about just never finishing projects). I'd like to complete it with a decent bit of polish, even if it's not anything mind-blowing.

Another thing to note: I think this is a very original mix, but it's possible I've stolen sections from other mixes. :neutral: I tend to get things stuck in my head and then they come to me when I think I'm writing something new. Anyway, here's the first WIP of "Anglers Among Us". Please enjoy.

v1

stats.png

v2 (Now with Lockjaw's Locker!)

stats.png

Source: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l2IXKsYHGJ0

I've continued work on this. I haven't added much, but hopefully it goes somewhere now. I think I need to have the key change at this point. Any input is greatly appreciated. Oh, I've added in some of Lockjaw's Locker.

stats.png

EDIT: I'm looking to add some sound effects of various underwater enemies from the series, but I'm not finding any. Can somebody point me to a good resource for this?

Greetings from IRC.

Now, this is my first remix ever so I don't expect to get on the site with this.

That's really good thinking. I don't think anyone has ever gotten anywhere with the first remix/song they've done.

I'm hoping for some pointers, impressions, and also motivation to finish it (I'm really bad about just never finishing projects). I'd like to complete it with a decent bit of polish, even if it's not anything mind-blowing.

Impression: after 40 seconds it starts to get bland, repetitive, really simple. You kinda have neat ideas, but the execution is rather poor and vanilla.

Pointers: it's your first remix. practice practice practice. experiment experiment experiment. Learn about different effects, synths, techniques, try shit, fail, try again, etc.etc.etc.

Motivation: The sooner you're finished this, the sooner you can start something else, perhaps the sooner you can make something worth submitting.

Chances are it won't be anything mind blowing, but if you can impress yourself and are happy with the results, super. Call it a wrap and move on.