OCR02258 - Seiken Densetsu 3 "Starlight Festival"

I haven't touched Mana 3 game for some time but the Powell theme remix really brought a tear to my eye hearing this on a piano. It was my long life dream, and dare I say, been expecting a remix of this.

The piano pace is perfect and a little different how it's played. However, the originality is kept in respecting the the tune from the game. The ending was especially lovely.

Juhuuu more of Seiken Densetsu 3 probably my all time favorite RPG, not to say game. I'm always excited when I see some new SD3 coverage pop up and this one did not disappoint. I'm very into piano stuff recently and this remix was just plain awesome, so thanks for this amazing track

Nice! Given that this is often the first track that will stick in a player's mind (even moreso for the powergamers - an extra two or three levels that stage make a real difference) I think the remixer's done a fantastic job - but then, I'm a sucker for piano mixes.

Source is very clear, but the flourishes make it the remixer's own work. The softening at the end works well.

Ah, and the remixer is a fellow Aussie. Excellent, needs more of us on here.

Of the little I have played of Seiken 3, this is one of the songs that I always can remember off the top of my head and this arrangement captures the essence of the track beautifully. I definitely hear your interpretation and it is masterful. Hiroki Kikuta is probably at the top of my list for favorite composers, and Hitoshi following. Definite congrats on the big opportunity, must have been a blessing to work with Hitoshi personally :)

• 2 weeks later...

I listened to Starlight Festival recently and thought it was fantastic. I've been looking for something to play on the piano but haven't been interested in anything until I heard this. While I was searching to see if there was any sheet music for your rendition, I came across that you said (last December) that sheet music was on its way. Is that still the case? :)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 10 months later...

Beautiful piano piece right here. I've started to notice how good the Seiken Densetsu music is, but the ReMixes that have come from it have been even more enjoyable, and this is a great arrangement for sure. The piano playing shows some emotion and personality, which is something I love more than just good playing. Need more fast pieces like this.

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR02258 - Seiken Densetsu 3 "Starlight Festival"