Kirby 64 - 'Zero-Two'

DaMonz

You know, I may be a little biased, with this being OCR's first O2 Mix, but I really liked it. I think you took the song through an interesting new interpretation.

My biggest complaint, though, has got to be the ending. It's anti-climactic-ness is... kinda lame. Of course, this being a WIP, I can't tell if that's simply where you left off...

Another thing I found a tad glaring was the intro. The way the melody came in the intro just seemed rather unintersting and unpronounced. You might want to bring that out a bit more.

Other than that, I think this is rather excellent for a work-in-progress! I'm really looking foward to the finshed copy (but no rushing >u<)!

LOL Shake my Water World mix's production is way too messy for subbing, and the project file is even messier (being my first serious remix project). I plan on starting it over from scratch in a new project.

Thanks a lot for the comments guys. :) The current ending (which is really just the beginning lol) is currently mainly placeholders. I just wanted to give an idea of the direction I was taking. I was considering the intro to be nearly final though, so thanks for pointing that out :) I'll keep working on it.

I still feel like more can be added, but my speakers were probably too low last time

It's a good interpretation, and I missed some deails the first time around.

I find that even your WIP's are worth the save. I still have the 5 minute water world WIP you showed last time.

It's good so far. Keep tightening and adding to it. I really have no criticism.

I like the direction your headed with this arrangement. I personally think that you introduction sounds fine. However, I am having a hard time telling where your intro leaves off and the transition to the main part begins. Perhaps you could try moving the fade in effect around a little.

Hope that helps a little. I'm sure that it will turn out fine no matter what you choose to do. Keep up the good work!

so I'm listening to version 3 after reading others' comments and I don't have any trouble telling exactly where the 'main course' of the remix, so to speak, is about to transition from the intro as it kinda explodes in after a nicely placed fade effect. My one complaint is after this really strong, in-your-face synth and drums section it just kinda...ends with no warning. That said this is good work so far.

DaMonz? Yeah right. More like, DaShit. Seriously, I'm diggin your work dude, Starwolf seems like a shoe-in to me :) I haven't played Kirby 64 in like, 7 or 8 years. P'raps I should get back in there

My only complaint is that it takes a while to get to the meat, but I'm a guy who likes to thrust into action pretty quickly, and I suppose I can be patient once in a while. And I guess the ratio of intro to body will be different once it's finished too. Keep it up!

Edit: Actually, I changed my mind. I'd be OK with the minute long build-up if there were some sort of huge orch hit or cymbal crash at the transit at :54. It just needs to be bigger. Like Pecos Pete big. Or LiquidHuK big. I'm sure you get the picture, I'll stop making metaphors. I dunno, maybe even a short solo-ish lead line could help out. Just a suggest

pH

Thanks a lot for the great comments everyone! :)

@pH: That's what I meant earlier when I said I needed to fix the transition. I'm still experimenting, but haven't found anything good enough yet. Thanks for the suggestions, I'll try them out :)

I have to put this one on hold for a little while, (even though the end part is still very incomplete). I've updated the link with the latest version (pretty major production update, and slight arrangement additions).