PAX PRIME 2011! August 26-28!

OverCoat

What a wonderful time of year ~ when y'all have to come to MY town ~ and I don't have to fly anywhere ~~~~!

So who's going to this wondrous event? As of me making this thread it's in less than 2 months! Out of 75,000 nerds there must be some OCR people besides me that are going, yeah? I'll try to make this like "the pax thread" and jot down who's coming and who might be coming.

Confirmed for going:

OverCoat

A_Rival

danimal cannon

nutritious

djpretzel

Big Giant Circles

Danny Baranowsky

Level 99

Liontamer

Mega Ran

TrueStar

"aww man I have to go to my knitting tournament this month and can no longer go to PAX"

Being stuck with PAX badges you can't use can be depressing. Luckily, we here at Shadix and Associates have created a revolutionary solution for this delimna using our patented technology. If this is you and you find yourself in a pickle where you and somebody you care about can no longer attend PAX, we can help. Shadix and Associates has a long standing tradition of going to conventions and enjoying them thoroughly, and PAX Prime is no exception.

So if you have 2 PAX Prime tickets you might not be using, please send them to Shadix, because remember, when you trust your tickets to Shadix, you know they're in good hands.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Wish I could go, but good lord I'd be flying there for sure. And those tickets won't be cheap, that and with all the stuff going on with the FAA.

I think if I did go, I'd be asking some questions to developers that were there that they don't want asked. Mainly of the BS that's been going on with gaming these days (DLC, sequel-itis, etc.).

I guess I'd be THAT guy you see at Comic-Con, and I hate that guy.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, PAX is pretty much "over" unless you're going to afterparties and such, I'm back home in South Seattle. I spent most of my week with the wonderful TrueStar, and I'm having a hard time typing and using my mouse back at home because I was getting used to her tiny netbook. Hung out with lots of cool people - ran into Dale North out of nowhere and it was really cool to talk with him for a bit. Also went out for dinner with Norg and his family earlier in the week, Kyra is so cute! She's already talking and is quite the chatterbox. Enjoyed getting to know the Metroid Metal guys better [Danimal <33333] and having TrueStar on my radio show IN PERSON last Wednesday! I hope you all listened to that, by the way!

PAX was a blast, really happy I went and met/saw so many awesome people. Of course, rooming with the staff was really fun, and finally got to meet Nutritious in-person. He reminded me of a taller, bulkier, more mediteranian version of Shariq (only minisculy less sarcastic :P). Manhug'd Sephfire and chatted about games and music and fanfic, got to meet his amazingly cool wife who was rocking the light-up Kanye glasses. I daresay she rocks them better than Rama. Beardhug'd Danny B, who was a riot at the VGM in the Mainstream Panel. I really could just list all the people I saw and had a blast with, but I'd be writing a novel (A_Rival, OverCoat, the MAGFest JamSpace crew, Danimal and co., MegaRan, Jeff ball, Rainwave's host, Kaxxon, TrueStar, etc. etc. ad infinum)

Panel went fantastically, and we will be uploading the trailer that was debuted there shortly. Thanks to everyone for showing up and being part of an awesome convention.

Well, PAX is pretty much "over" unless you're going to afterparties and such, I'm back home in South Seattle. I spent most of my week with the wonderful TrueStar, and I'm having a hard time typing and using my mouse back at home because I was getting used to her tiny netbook. Hung out with lots of cool people - ran into Dale North out of nowhere and it was really cool to talk with him for a bit. Also went out for dinner with Norg and his family earlier in the week, Kyra is so cute! She's already talking and is quite the chatterbox. Enjoyed getting to know the Metroid Metal guys better [Danimal <33333] and having TrueStar on my radio show IN PERSON last Wednesday! I hope you all listened to that, by the way!

Yes to all this, though I am a bit disturbed in Stevo's lack of mentioning that his beard and my chin had DIRECT CONTACT at least twice.

For those of you on Facebook, I took a good number of pictures which you can see on my profile, and I've got the privacy settings to friends of friends, so more people from OCR can view it. I'd make it public, but wouldn't that mean that ANYONE could comment on it? I need to take a closer look at FB's privacy settings.