Appreciation of VG Music 8: Character Theme

Capa Langley

Theme #8: Character Themes

What is needed:

• Link a stream or youtube video of your favorite original track that must correspond with the current theme. Not limited to just one.
  • Explain why you like the specific track. Don't just say you like it.
  • Some favorites will often be shared between more than one persons. This means someone else will likely post a track which you like. So instead post your 2nd favorite or so forth. No duplicates. The idea here is to spread as much different tracks as possible.
  • Or, you can post a track you've never really listened to before and write why it should be enjoyed.
  • Participation is key.

Previous sessions:

1. Battle Music

2. Game Boy

3. Vocals

4. Scary Theme

5. Sad Theme

6. Live Instruments

7. Guitars

There are so many Final Fantasy themes that I would put here but they are so common so instead I will post this gem from Jade Cocoon:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t1RYewp-HC8

It's the blue cocoon master kori's theme. He is a guide to start your adventures and he can give you one of the coolest minions in the whole game, which you can only get then.

The theme itself has a wonderful melody. And it makes you think of what kind of character he is since you don't get to know much about him in the game.

It's a simple, strong theme for a great character.

Though, that being said, it works a bit better in game. His VA came across as pretty strong, and listening to him speaking over this theme was always awesome to hear.

from Trauma Center!

This is a serious funky-synth groove. Always loved this song whenever it played in dialogue scenes and such.

This one always reminded me of one of those songs you'd hear on Tenchi Muyo or some anime when they'd detail some plot elements from the next episode. :P It reminds me of melody.

: I don't think I have to explain why this theme is so good. Every time I listen to this theme, it invokes memories of when I played this game for the first time.

: Ditto my last comment.

: You can feel just how evil Ganondorf is by listening to this theme. It sends chills down your spine, and it perfectly represents the kind of character that Ganondorf is.

• 6 months later...

- Relm -

Relm's Theme has always been particularly moving. She's a bratty punk with a mouth just a tad too big for her britches, but she's also witty and humorous. Beneath that exterior is a sweet, caring girl who can bring out the beauty in whatever she paints, just like her theme song.

Vanilla

A Rearranged Version