OCR01336 - Secret of Mana "NightTime Evolution"

djpretzel

The percussion is really cool. I love it.

Apart from that, it was executed pretty well -- the melody didn't really blend in with the style much, but it was a great attempt. The percussion, like I said before, is outstanding. The sound as a whole comes through nicely. :) I enjoyed listening to it.

Good work, hope to see more creative attempts from you.

This was great! Loved it. Was a little worried the guitar would get repetitive after listening to it a lot of times, but I'm convinced now it won't: it seems to blend in to become more a part of the rhythm than a central figure. Personally, I don't mind the cello at the end. Yeah, it might not sound perfect but I still prefer it over nothing at all. It seems to introduce more dissonance which was prevalent in the original.

Sounds pretty chill, the instrumentation is nice. The percussion does its job fairly well, but it seems to be a little tiring after a while. I would think that adjusting the pitch every so often might give it some more variety for the ears. The affects about halfway are interesting but seem like they're just thrown in, whereas it would be better if they fit with what the instruments were doing. Or perhaps having the little gating part lead into the chord change. Oh, also the flute should have been voiced more loudly, since it carried the melody during some sections and it was hard to hear with all the other background sound going on. Little things like this would make this mix a lot more interesting. Still, not a bad job overall.

B.E.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Playful and elegant, this one will stay active on my playlists for a long time.

The percussion is simply delightful, allowing one's attention to lie soley upon it for long periods of time. And the pauses also feel right at home, and at least for me, keep the song fresh.

I can see how the cello feels a little out of place at the ending, but to me that's almost necessary in order to not have the song simply drop out.

Thank you for contributing this excellent song!

-Austin Spafford

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I initially had difficulty pinning what song this was based off of, though when I did find what it was I abruptly realized that this is an example of a great remix. I could suddenly hear where the original piece from the game was interwoven with the rest of the remix - it was neither a direct copy nor straying too far. Excellent work, in all.

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR01336 - Secret of Mana "NightTime Evolution"