Plug and Play DAW?

I'm currently using mixcraft and it's satisfactory and what not, but on certain computers of mine it tends to lag and crash. I was wondering if there were other DAWs as simplistic or easy to write on, with a piano roll. Something like garage band or something at least forgiving to beginners...

I'm currently using mixcraft and it's satisfactory and what not, but on certain computers of mine it tends to lag and crash. I was wondering if there were other DAWs as simplistic or easy to write on, with a piano roll. Something like garage band or something at least forgiving to beginners...

FL Studio is bitchin'. I love it.

A guy tells me that Ableton is easy, yet I tried it out and was like 0.o

FL Studio is bitchin'. I love it.

A guy tells me that Ableton is easy, yet I tried it out and was like 0.o

Yeah my friend started with Ableton. Seeing as he's looking for other Daw I'm guessing I should stay away from it lol. FL huh? Everyone and their grandmother uses it, I remember before I started recording I looked at it and ran away lol.

Yeah, I would also suggest FLstudio. even though I use Reason as my primary DAW I also know reason can be a bit confusing to use at first, it's a bit different from normal and you have to think of it like a physical machine when knowing how to route it. FLStudio was my first daw and I wish I still had it but I could only afford one. (actually I started off on Fruit Loops 3 (or 2...), there was no studio yet haha)

Nothing is easy to get started with. I downloaded goattracker the other day, thought I'd use it as a sketchpad and for a more authentic chip sound whenever needed. I've used trackers before, so this should be easy, right? First glance: argh!

If Mixcraft is misbehaving, figure out why before running off to get a different program. If you're serious about music, you'll eventually need a different program, but you should keep in mind that it takes a while to get used to a new one, no matter what you've used before. Sure, some are easier than others, some will have a workflow you're already familiar with, but they all take some time to get used to.

Also, the only one I know of that's similar to GB is Mixcraft. :tomatoface:

Yeah my friend started with Ableton. Seeing as he's looking for other Daw I'm guessing I should stay away from it lol.

This is a very poor basis to make decisions on. Download the trial, then decide for yourself if it's suitable or not.

It also doesn't get more plug-and-play: you have a list of your plugins, and you drag them into the screen. They become directly playable and recordable (though you might want to start out using Arrangement View (horizontal) instead of Session View (vertical) first).

FL huh? Everyone and their grandmother uses it

Yeah, and everyone and their grandmother requires oxygen. Popularity is also a very poor basis to make decisions on.

Anyway, I wouldn't add Reason to that list, at least not without Record. Then again, if you've already invested in your plugins and you want to keep running them it's a dead end, unless you get something to rewire it in.