OCR01337 - Road Rash "sierra nevada-tan"

djpretzel

I wish I had saved my review from last time. :(

Good mix, ana. nice revisions.

edit: thanks to that Tamer fellow, the OLD review!

As to be expected, analoq rings in a new era in the OCRemix history with this thumping, rocking remix reminiscant of the days of The Scorpions and Whitesnake if they spawned together and had a child with Robert Moog. I knew analoq could bang out guitar riffs like Elvis in the toilet but I didn't expect such a pounding assault of guitar chops and moog madness. Even when this song was over, I wanted it to continue. Good shit, mr. loq. Good shit.

also, kudos for the title.

OMFG!!!! IT'S REMIX 1337!!!!! TEH AWESOMENESS!!!! OMFGLMAO!!!!1111oneone!

OK, I just did that because, at least post-EA, no-one's said that.

On to the real review...

The drums are lacking in my opinion, but everything else sounds great; I didn't hear the EA ReMix, so I don't know what everyone's talking about, about changing to synth.

This sounds a bit like "Next My Generation", but that's a good thing, it's been near the top of my playlist since it was released.

Short version: Great job, keep up the good work analoq!

Heh, guess my last post was deleted, since it didn't have anything to do with this mix. Understandable.

Anyway, this song is definitely "1337", although I myself prefer the one with the guitar instead of synth (Go grab it at http://www.earemix.com if you haven't heard it. Or get it while Supertux has it). Still, an excellent song. It surprised me on April Fools, simply because it was actually GOOD. Then I remembered, this was analoq, who couldn't make a bad remix to save his life, but still won bad remix contests. :P

Nice job, analoq. I'll be listening to this for a long time to come.

It surprised me on April Fools, simply because it was actually GOOD. Then I remembered, this was analoq, who couldn't make a bad remix to save his life, but still won bad remix contests.

That's because his wasn't intended to sound bad or as a joke mix.

Edit: We decided to make one A1 (Pigskin Power) mix and one real one (analoq's) among other things to contrast each other and confuse people even more.

Good job Analoq.

It surprised me on April Fools, simply because it was actually GOOD. Then I remembered, this was analoq, who couldn't make a bad remix to save his life, but still won bad remix contests.

You have to admit, it is surprising to see a good mix go up on April Fools Day here, because I don't think it's happened before.

Edit: We decided to make one A1 (Pigskin Power) mix and one real one (analoq's) among other things to contrast each other and confuse people even more.

Good job Analoq.

You have to admit, it is surprising to see a good mix go up on April Fools Day here, because I don't think it's happened before.

Exactly what went through our mind when we planned it. :D

• 2 weeks later...

Oh yeah. This kicks some major ass. I'm glad you kept the rhythm guitar in. The new cold synth lead at the beginning gives it a more haunting, deserty sort of feel. I like the cymbal; it sticks out at me for some reason. Of course, the guitar lead made it badder. However, the synths are Moogish enough to fill the space. I'm a fan.

• 1 month later...

Ok, this is just simply awesome. Analog does it again. LOL

Now I only have played Road Rash 3(think its 3), but when I listened to this and the wow brass came into play, it brought back some fond memories.

I have both the April Fools version & the OCR version on my external hard drive. While I like both versions a lot, I have to agree that the OCR Version is the one you really want to listen to.

While the April Fools version had the eletric guitar as the lead during the first section, The OCR version's revisions make more sense as far as tieing in the beginning and ending better, meaning a more electronic sound all the way through. Either way, this simply is one of Analog's best works. And quite nostalgic at times, which I can dig. Good job buddy!

• 3 years later...

I really like how though there isn't a specifically busy instrument to convey motion, it's all implied with the space. This mix is totally cruisin', and not even 16th note hi hats could propel it better.

Nice bass breakdown with the recapitulation of the melody with some new synths. This mix sounds less like fighting on motorcycles and more like cruising down a sunny highway along the beach. Less Road Rash, more Outrun.

Very nice work, 1337 indeed. :-)

• 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...

First of all Road Rash is one of my favorite soundtracks.

I am liking all of the sounds used, but I tend to favor more synthetic sounds. Overall there isn't a thing wrong with this, just personal taste.

I love the synth stuff a lot. I also love all the percusion stuff! Oh this bassline and bass sound is ace as all hell. This slidey synth as well! :) I am getting an early Kraftwerk vibe here and there, early to mid 70's Kraftwerk. That is a compliment by the way.

Glad to see a Road Rash remix, thanks for sharing.

• 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 3 years later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to OCR01337 - Road Rash "sierra nevada-tan"