Official Sonic Generations Thread

SonicThHedgog

Wow, a Sonic game that doesn't fail. I don't believe it.

I still think there should be no singing in any Sonic games. What's wrong with just classic melodies sans lyrics?

Lyrics are cool; autotune and sidechain are NOT.

While I don't agree with the hidden subtext I do agree that I enjoyed Rooftop Run the most.

I still insist that all modern Sonic games should have controlled like SA2 and that this game is no different. I like the Colors control theme up until you're no longer right behind Sonic. I like the whole RB/LB to change lanes and the drifting thing but the transitions to platforming/fighting are way too jarring compared to what I feels works so very well in SA2.

The game is suprisingly not terrible. Not terrific but you cant expect much from Sega these days. Some of the mixes are great, especially after suffering Sonic 4's terrible music, but... did they forget how to make songs loop smoothly? Terrible job on something so simple. Still could do without auto tune too

The game is suprisingly not terrible. Not terrific but you cant expect much from Sega these days. Some of the mixes are great, especially after suffering Sonic 4's terrible music, but... did they forget how to make songs loop smoothly? Terrible job on something so simple. Still could do without auto tune too

why would you buy a game that you're openly expecting to be horrible that's just stupid

I'm liking this game. This is the first time that I've gotten to play this "modern" post-Dreamcast Sonic gameplay, and I'm really liking it. I'm hoping they pump out more games like it.

This is pretty much my exact same sentiments. Sonic Adventure 1 was my last 'modern' sonic, with Sonic Rush being my last side-scroller.

I am absolutely loving this game. The chance to play a new rendition of Chemical Plant made my day.

My only gripe is that the physics/controls for the 2D levels feels. Off. I can't really explain it.

My only gripe is that the physics/controls for the 2D levels feels. Off. I can't really explain it.

Sega hasnt quite been able to get back the feel of the old Genesis Sonic. As much as I loved playing 2d sonic I thought it was extremely disorienting and strainful on the eyes.

After playing Sonic Gens go back and try playing Sonic 1. The smooth scrolling was very soothing on my bloodshot eyes.

Derrit: point to where I said I bought it at all. My opinion of the game is irrelevent to weither you think its smart to buy a game you are expecting to be bad, and id appreciate not being called stupid (or others being indirectly involved) over something I didn't even state. There are plenty of ways to play a game without buying it yourself to boot.

Feel free to call me stupid over stupid things I do post though, as im sure ill have plenty

• 2 weeks later...