OCR00598 - Super Mario Bros. "Underworld Rock"

orkybash

Super Mario Bros. 'Underworld Rock'

Wow. That's the only word that comes to mind after listening to this. Every element is placed perfectly, except for maybe an overuse of the jump sound. But overall a very tight remix, and one that everyone should download. Right now. No excuses. Even if you don't like music. :D That's right. Download now.

Did I mention this is a must download? ^______________^

• 4 weeks later...

I could say this mix sucks. I could say that the guitar is weak and everything about this song it is a slap in the face to all that is true and pure. I would also be a big fat liar who needs to get his skull worked over with a ball-peen hammer because this track rocks.

I really like the Guitar tone and chord choices. Nice and thick tone that is all full of love. The drumwork is pretty kick ass also.

Very good tune.

• 1 month later...

A great mix. The guitar is impeccable, rich and full. The percussion is brilliant. The sound samples are a high point; they're hilarious. All around, it's a technical wonder, and not at all unpleasant to listen to - quite the contrary. A neck brace might be necessary after repeat listens. Highly recommended.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

This remix has a weird beginning, not the song I'd choose if I were doing a quick volume test, but after the first 10 seconds, it turns into a hard rock mix that's worth putting on repeat. Another creative technique was rolling some of the sound effects into the song, which always gives it a nice tweak. It would be interesting to see Metallica try some of this.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Ahh man this is simply great. Its catchy, its heavy and it is damn cool. The Guitars are DEAD on, even up to a point where this songs becomes so catchy that is funny! I cant keep a serious face when listening to this, it just makes me more happy.

Wonderful work here, even though it may not be the most technical remix ever, it is certainly one of the coolest!

• 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...

this is really cool!!! indeed it rocks. the heavy riffage make it even more enjoyable, and the "one-up" and "jump" and all the sounds in here make it really funny. as someone said, you cant help but to throw a smile at the "poing". sweetness.

Cano

Pooing!!!

• 6 months later...

who would have thought to do a remix of smb with a rock style twist? Not me! this song is great. Nothing is wrong with it in any way. Steady drum beat keeps the song going. but when the guitars come in to help carry the song...OMG its great. Definetly reccommended. A+

• 9 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I've been totally blown away by this remix. It's good rock, and a fantastic remix.

In fact, it is everything a remix should be: it is a creative re-interpretation of the original theme. I don't feel like I'm listening to just another in the endless stream of Mario remixes with this one. I feel like I'm listening to a fully original, inventive song idea with tasty bits of Mario thrown in for pleasure.

DOWNLOAD THIS.

Pity this is the only song submitted by dimmer. I'd download whatever else he posted without hesitation.

• 3 months later...

Definitely one of the most well-made remixes I have seen on the portal. The electric guitar is one of the many highlights of this piece- not mechanical sounding like in many remixes of this type, but very real (for lack of a better word). I'm surprised Dimmer hasn't done other remixes of songs here.

However, there is one pity about this great work (I apologize if this is off-topic, but I believe this is necessary), in the fact that it, like many pieces, is open to stealing. Case in point:

http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/view.php?id=958091⊂=13129

BTW, it has been confirmed that whoever submitted this submission (ur_worst_nightmare) is indeed not Dimmer, so please, if you are a member of Newgrounds, blow the whistle on this (by giving the submission an "X" rating on it).

• 2 years later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to OCR00598 - Super Mario Bros. "Underworld Rock"