Great Accomplishments in Gaming: get your brag on

ectogemia

This one's REALLY obscure, but pretty awesome too:

Beat Blade Eagle 3-D(on the Sega Master System) without the LCD-Shutter 3D Glasses that came with it. They got stepped on by my toddler little brother.

Took a couple hours, and caused a nasty headache for the 6-or-7-year-old version of me.

I just remembered another one:

In almost every HALO game, I've managed to get the warthog into places it shouldn't be able to go during the story mode, usually on legendary. The most recent was in Reach, after my friend insisted it wasn't possible. I got the Gauss-hog over the barrier at the ONI base, and used it to kill the two hunters in the base, along with some elites.

Just remembered another team fortress 2 one. During a payload map was fighting another hunstman sniper in an adjacent room. We both popped around the corner at the same time and fired - causing our arrows to collide in mid air and fall to the ground. I got him right after that. This is one I actually DO have on video.

-Cave Story: Beat the final, final boss without using any of the recommended weaponry. This involved basically hovering around the ceiling by firing one gun at the ground and trying to hit him with it as he went by. Ended up taking about 3 hours.

Sounds like you were using the machinegun to stay airborne here - which means you weren't actually fighting the final final boss. Picky, I know, but I thought I'd point it out :tomatoface:

Super Mario Bros. - finished in 5:55. I have also seen "minus world" and jumped the flagpole (3-3).

The Legend of Zelda - I can consistently get through in one life, no rings. Still trying to trim my time up a bit. Fastest is around 75 minutes. (A Link to the Past, too, but I can't remember if I've done it without bottling fairies.)

Tetris - 225 lines starting from level 1. 120lines starting from 19.

Final Fantasy - defeated Kary with a single white mage. (I started with a full party, but the white mage was left alone to finish off about 200 HP.)

Legacy of the Wizard - beat the game without the shield and never playing as Xemn/Warrior/Father.

Tales of Symphonia - earned the following titles in the same playthrough (not a new game +): Brave Soul, Gung Ho, Eternal Apprentice, Berserker, and I Hate Gels! (Anyone who can add Friendship First to that is my idol.)

Also, not really that impressive, but hilarious: I have played an entire undefeated season of Tecmo Bowl running the same hand-off to Bo Jackson every play. Kept stats, too, but I have no idea what I did with them. :<

B

Apparently I only play RPGs, but I won't apologize for that.

*gives a respectful salute*

Don't apologize. There are others who need you. (lol)

My greatest gaming achievement? hmmm...

well when I was a kid, it was beating SMB3.

A few years ago, it was beating a LOZ game. Ok, admittedly it was Minish Cap, but it was my first LOZ that I beat. Lay off.

My current goal? Check my sig. I have Final Fantasies 1, 2, 4-9 and 12. I want to beat ALL OF THESE. I have a long road ahead...

*gives a respectful salute*

Don't apologize. There are others who need you. (lol)

My greatest gaming achievement? hmmm...

well when I was a kid, it was beating SMB3.

A few years ago, it was beating a LOZ game. Ok, admittedly it was Minish Cap, but it was my first LOZ that I beat. Lay off.

My current goal? Check my sig. I have Final Fantasies 1, 2, 4-9 and 12. I want to beat ALL OF THESE. I have a long road ahead...

Good luck beating FF11...

You want a gaming accomplishment? I caused my FFV (PS1) game to go back in time while retaining the items and progress I already made.

At some point during World 3, I had gone about halfway through it I guess, when I saw that towns that were sucked up into the void were back. I went through them and it genuinely was like they never left. I went back to Tycoon Castle and the party was still going on while Leina was in my time. The creepy part? The game acknowledged this and she was gone from the throne. These people were partying for nothing. To this day, that image creeps the hell out of me.

Finally I came to figure out it had actually gone back to time and I had to redo those events. So I did it and played through the pyramid. After that, Leina disappeared and I had to get her back through that boss fight again. The ship had come, but very much due to the glitch I'm sure, I could never find it. The game was stuck and I had to start over.

Someone I described this too told me the game had skipped an action flag, but I don't believe that. It hit the action flag and then somehow made this Back to the Future II thing out of what I had. To this day I've never seen anything like it from a console game.

As are all good Irish folk.

The males are eaten by the women upon the completion of mating.

:shock: Why is it that

1) everyone assumes I'm male...even though I've been here quite a while and people know me in the IRC channel

and

2) no one reads. I never said I had XI...

:shock: Why is it that

1) everyone assumes I'm male...even though I've been here quite a while and people know me in the IRC channel

Genders tend to identify an individual that the don't know the true gender of as their own. Women will think of other faceless people as women, and men will think them as men.

Given that the vast majority of OCR is male, it makes sense that the most likely default gender to base another forum member as would be male.

Also, you type like a man.

The solution is to end every post with "tee hee!" And make sure you scold us with "Oh, don't hit on me you silly boys!! <3"

No new accomplishments lately. In fact my gaming is rather sad-sack. I either abandon games partway through or make it to the final boss and stop. Woo.